1753768 Members
5166 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: changing ILO IP Address

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

changing ILO IP Address

So we recently had some servers which we built at site 1, but we've sinced move them to site 2. The problem being we don't have teh same IP range, so we manually changed the iLO IP's and connected them up at site 2.

Maybe stupid of me, but i thought i would be able to just add the new ip in oneview, but when i do this, it tells me that server is already in oneview, which is correct. I can't see an option in oneview to edit the existing record in oneview and give it the correct address. So i tried removing server hardware on one view. It tells me i can't because it has a profile. so i tried to remove that and it fails because it can't talk to the old IP. So i removed the server profile with the force option which has worked. So then I tried removing teh server hardware which it fails after 30 secconds with a Connot communicate with server hardware.  you then have to click remove in the activity to forceable remove it. 

Then i can re add it. 

So the question is, is there a simpilar way of just changing the IP address, if you haven't removed the iLO from oneview before changing its IP?

6 REPLIES 6
ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

There is no need to remove the Server Profile from the resource.  To fix this, you need to visit the Server Hardware device, select the Refresh from the Actions menu.  OneView will then display a prompt that it cannot communicate with the target system, and allow you to specify the new address and iLO admin credentials.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

cesarpegado
Valued Contributor

I shall try that later today, but if it's as simple as that.  Then kudos to you sir :)

Chris Bissen
Occasional Advisor

Mr Lynch!

How are you sir!  One of your old time customers here from way way back.  I hope things are good sir!  Anyway, I was doing a google search and I was surprised to see that you are answering HPE Community posts??  Anyway, I have the same issue as this gentleman however, I am on the newest version 4.07 I believe and are in the same similar situation where we changed an iLO IP for a blade in the OA and now OneView is having a tissy.  I think my error is a bit different since my error message is different.  Also, I do not get a prompt to re-put in the userID and password for the iLO.

Hope you are good out there and stay safe!

Chris

This is the exact words from OneView:

Refresh
Error11s
Administrator
3/6/18  5:28:04 pm

Validate server information.

Issue

Unable to establish trusted communication with the server. OneView could not retrieve the certificate from the server iLO because the iLO was not reachable.
    Resolution

Refresh the server after ensuring the server iLO is reachable and responding.

Details

ChrisLynch
HPE Pro

I am the HPE OneView Community moderator, who also helps answer questions.

To your message, the appliance is unable to communicate with the target iLO.  Since it is a BL server, you willl never be prompted for the iLO credentials as SSO through the OA is performed.  Check to make sure the iLO IP Address is valid, and that you can indeed access it from a remote device.  If the iLO is an iLO4 (Gen8 or Gen9) and old iLO firmware (older than 2.55), then you likely need to follow the steps outlined here.

I am an HPE employee

Accept or Kudo

trevorc

Hi,

DId you ever manage to solve this issue as I have a customer in a simular situation.

Thanks,

Trevor.

MeFromil
Frequent Advisor

hi 

i had same problem  in past 

try to ping the ilo from CMD and see if its ok 

Then try to ping it from ONEVIEW APPLIANCE From  Setting > Networking  > Action > PING 

If it not Ping the ilo can be one of the resones :

1 .Port need to be open  Try this list  for check it 

https://h17007.www1.hpe.com/docs/enterprise/servers/oneview3.0/cic-rest/en/content/s_security-open-ports-cic.html

2. Network access list problem  ...