HPE Records Manager and HPE TRIM Discussion, Information and News
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HP RM/TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 11th January)

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: HP TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 17th May)

HP Records Manager is now available on SSO!

Version 8.0 build 6335.

::::::::::::::::::::::
NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Can someone please explain to me why HP have taken the backward step (back to the early 90s!) of calling it HP Records Manager?

I missed TUF (or whatever it was called) this year, was an explanation given there? Are they going to release a separate product called HP Document Manager?

I've spent 10 years trying to move away from having our branch (and our associated software) being known as 'records'.

I realise that records management is what we do (at the highest level) but it is seen as such a negative term and users being told they have to 'do records management' just makes the lives of Information Managers/Officers so much **bleep** harder.

#reallynothappyaboutthis #perceptioniseverything

Honored Contributor

It is what it is... I don't think anyone in the TRIM team will be able to answer this question, since it was made at a much higher level within HP.

The common reasoning is that the word 'trim' had another meaning in the US

We all still call it TRIM. :)

In regards to the article Erik linked to, I still don't think David answered the question!

I can see the sense in renaming the product to clarify that it's a flagship piece of software within HP, and that we've now merged and integrated many other products into it, but something a bit more simple and catchy than 'Records Manager' would have been nice.

**This is all my opinion and does not reflect any official statement on behalf of HP or the TRIM Support team!**

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
HPE Expert

Doesn't TRIM stand for Total Record and Information Management anyway?

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Honored Contributor

Yeah I've heard people in the US hear about TRIM for the first time and they immediately laugh/cringe/scoff... but that's an older generation thing.  Many went so far as to demand all reference be removed (which you can't do).

I also don't think the answer really answered it... but not much you can say.  A better name would have been nice.

Everyone now asks and fears it's no longer for regular old documents.  It's going to be difficult to overcome that.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Erik !

I agree Grundy ! In fact, to quote the article ... "taking technology from a couple of other products, blending it in and really I think this solution really is a product that’s focused beyond records" and yet we'll still call it Records... yeh, that makes sense to me... NOT !

TRIM initially stood for "Tower Records and Information Management".

But, and I've been in this industry and working with it for an awful long time (over 20 years, eek!), most people I've worked with have steered away from using the term records for the last 10 years or so. The negative connotations that go with the term records when trying to sell a system to end users are very difficult to overcome. Now, IMHO, they are just made worse again...

Ah well, I know I have to live with it but it's nice to rant every now and again...

[ Edited ]

Hi All, 

TWO new patches today!

7.3.3 - Patch 1 - Build 5670

Released: Oct 28, 2013

7.3.2 - Patch 2 - Build 5530

Released: Oct 28, 2013

These patches have been released outside of the normal patch cycle to address some issues that would otherwise be hotfixed.

They are both essentially hotfix rollup patches and primarly resolve the 7.3.X Workgroup Freeze issue and the 7.3.2/7.3.3 Date Creep issue.

Please refer to the attached problem notice.

The TRIM_Fixes file included with both patches lists each hotfix that has been rolled into these releases.

Also, 8.0 had a minor update posted to replace the existing ISO.

This was primarly a language update for the French/Dutch versions.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
HPE Expert

Re: HP TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 11/12/13

New service pack up as of last night:

**Any opinions expressed in this forum are my own personal opinion and should not be interpreted as an official statement on behalf of Hewlett Packard**
Highlighted

Re: HP RM/TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 23rd Dec)

Hi All,

A couple of new builds are on SSO:

7.3.2 - Patch 2 - Build 5533

Released: Dec 14, 2013

and

8.0  - Build 6376

Released: Dec 4, 2013

main post is now updated.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au

Re: HP RM/TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 23rd Dec)

8.0.1 Build 6703 is now available on SSO

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
HPE Expert

Re: HP RM/TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 18/03/14)

Thanks Grunners

Re: HP RM/TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 4/07/14)

HP Records Manager 8.1.0 build 7239 is now available for download!

It may take a few more days to appear on the Patches download page for everyone.

Release notes attached.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Re: HP RM/TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 4th July)

Many thanks Grundy, it saves alot of time. I think HP should put this kind of quick summary on SSO to save time and give a glance.

Cheers,
Owais

Cheers,
Harry
HPE Expert

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

Please note: at the time of Grundy's posting, HPRM 8.1.0.7239 was only available for download as an 'Evaluation' version, which is why HP hadn't yet posted notification of its release on this forum. If anyone's downloaded HPRM 8.1.0.7239 already, please be aware that HP Support have been advised there is a known issue with this release. We are yet to be advised officially by product engineering of the details of the known issue, and will provide relevant information as soon as we know more.

My advice at this stage is to please WAIT, and consider 8.1.0.7239 potentially unfit for Production use until further notice.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

(Please state the version of TRIM/HPRM/HPERM you're using in all posts)

HPE Software Support Online (SSO): https://softwaresupport.hp.com/

Thanks Neil, 

I'll update this post once the new build is out. :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Valued Contributor

Thanks Neil,

Can you please let us know the issue (even high level) for our awareness? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Harry
HPE Expert

Owais-Haroon wrote:

Thanks Neil,

Can you please let us know the issue (even high level) for our awareness? Thanks in advance.

Unfortunately it's not the sort of detail I can publish on this forum. I'll send you a PM.

Neil

Note: Any posts I make on this forum are my own personal opinion and do not constitute a formal commitment on behalf of HPE.

Valued Contributor

Thanks Neil. Appreciated.

Cheers,
Harry

Re: HP RM/TRIM Current Builds - (Updated - 15th July)

[ Edited ]

Hi all!

HPRM 8.1.0  - Build 7240 will be released on SSO in the next week or two.

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
Honored Contributor

Doesn't show when I search SSO.  I see 8.01 though. 

[ Edited ]

It always takes a while to show up on SSO.  :)

NOT A HP EMPLOYEE

Kapish.com.au
HPE Expert

Hi all,

HP Records Manager 8.10 Patch 1 (build 7240) is now available on SSO under "Software Patches"

http://support.openview.hp.com/selfsolve/document/KM01042823

P.S. If you're wondering why 8.10 isn't available for download under "Software Updates", it's because the original 8.10 release was pulled from the site because of a bug found at the last minute. So Patch 1 is now the original 8.10 release :-)

P.P.S. If you're wondering why there doesn't seem to be a proper list of the CR's fixed in 8.10 Patch 1, they're still working on getting a correct copy of that document published. Apparently it won't be included on the ISO any more; rather it'll be downloadable from SSO separately. When I can get my hands on it I'll post it here.

Neil

Occasional Contributor

Hi,

Does anyone know when version 7.3.4 will go end of support?  I have found a notification article on the HP website for 7.1, but can't find a date for 7.3.4.  Are the product lifecycles for TRIM / Records manager published anywhere?

TIA.

Honored Contributor

Once 8.2 comes out I think obsolescence will start... which is usually a 12 months window?  So you've probably got 2 years.