HPE Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Activity update issue in change management

Trusted Contributor

Activity update issue in change management

Hi All,

 

in cm3r activityactions I have entered the new line to capture cr priority in activity log as follows.

 

Name: CR Severity have been updated

Condition: not same(vil.priority.code in $L.file, vil.priority.code in $L.file.save)

Description: {"\""+vil.priority.code in $L.file.save+"\" to \"" + vil.priority.code in $L.file + "\""}

 

Issue is: when i set initial priority value (blank to some value), it is only showing CR Severity has been updated and description is not getting populated with the value . But when i change from existing value to other value it is capturing in activity.

 

Thanks in advance,

VND

5 REPLIES
Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

Priority used to be mandatory and should be filled at time of raising the ticket , if it is so then there should not be the issue.
Otherwise For it you may try to modify your description as follow,
{"\""+ nullsub(vil.priority.code in $L.file.save,"NONE")+"\" to \"" + nullsub(vil.priority.code in $L.file,"NONE") + "\""}


hth,
____________________________________
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Trusted Contributor

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

 

I will try this and update tou asap,

 

 

Thanks,

VND

Trusted Contributor

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

 

This code didn't help me, still it is blank when i set a value from blank it is not capturing.

 

Thanks,

VND

Honored Contributor Honored Contributor

Re: Activity update issue in change management

It should work.
Are you sure that field is vil.priority.code as it is not OOB.
It should be priority.code, try this field in calculation too.

hth,
____________________________________
Assign Kudo, if found post useful and mark it accepted if solves the issue.
Occasional Advisor

Re: Activity update issue in change management

Hi,

 

Please try this out

 

Name --> Priority Change

 

Condition --> not same(priority.code in $L.file, priority.code in $L.file.save)

 

Description  {"Priority Changed from " + priority.code in $L.file.save + " to " + priority.code in $L.file}