HPE Service Manager / Service Center Support and News Forum
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How to setup SM 7.11 horizontal scaling ?

SOLVED
Go to Solution
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

How to setup SM 7.11 horizontal scaling ?

Hi-

Is there any documentation on how to setup SM on a Windows 2008 server on a horizontal scale? I am using Windows Server 2008, I have installed and setup the db and got SM to start on the LB server, now I am going to move to setting up the 2 app servers. How do I connect/setup those so that its a true horizontal scaled env? I am assuming it has mostly to do with configuring the ini or cfg files?

Also in a horizontal env do licenses need to be applied to each server or just the LB? 

I also found that we have 3 physical servers but also have a virtual server, I am new to setting up SM so would I need to use the virual to setup SM in the horizontal scale?

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Occasional Contributor

Re: How to setup SM 7.11 horizontal scaling ?

[ Edited ]

Hi,

thanks for the reply, after searching online I was able to get info using this:

http://smnsn2cm.saas.hp.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/serversetup/concepts/horizontal_scaling_implementa...

also, looks like the single license needs to be applies to each app server, a copy of whats on the LB as long as you are using this:

grouplicenseip:<....>

that did the trick for getting me started! 

2 REPLIES
Frequent Advisor

Hello, in the SM online help you will see the details and an example on ho to accomplish this.

Additionally, in a horizontal env you need to copy the license file in all servers.

Regards;
“HP Support
If you find that this or any post resolves your issue, please be sure to mark it as an accepted solution.”
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

thanks for the reply, after searching online I was able to get info using this:

http://smnsn2cm.saas.hp.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/serversetup/concepts/horizontal_scaling_implementa...

also, looks like the single license needs to be applies to each app server, a copy of whats on the LB as long as you are using this:

grouplicenseip:<....>

that did the trick for getting me started!