New Discussion юеВ

Re: SSSU Script and Syntax to Queue up VDISK Creation

SOLVED
Go to solution
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

SSSU Script and Syntax to Queue up VDISK Creation

Help!

I need to create a number of VDISKS.. I need an SSSU script to create a vdisk one after another so it waits on completion of one vdisk before going to the other.

Is this possible?

Hakuna Matata.
6 REPLIES 6
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor
Solution

Yes, just use the WAIT_FOR_COMPLETION option, for example:

ADD VDISK "\Virtual Disks\PSoft 8\Prod Database-d1" DISK_GROUP="\Disk Groups\FC140" SIZE=380 REDUNDANCY=VRAID5 WRITECACHE=WRITEBACK MIRRORCACHE=MIRRORED READ_CACHE NOWRITE_PROTECT OS_UNIT_ID=0 NOPREFERRED_PATH WAIT_FOR_COMPLETION

Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Alzhy
Honored Contributor

Thanks IVAN.

BTW, what's the syntax again for the PREFERRED PATH ?

Is it PREFERED_PATH=wwid_of_ctrlA?

Hakuna Matata.
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

I had troubles with a system when I set the perferred path for active/active controllers. You should test your configuration and analyze the performance using evaperf.

The preferred_path takes as argument:

Path_A_Both├в Controller A fails over to controller B. When controller A restarts, the virtual disks fail back to controller A. This is failover/failback mode.

Path_A_Failover├в Controller A fails over to controller B. When controller A restarts, the
virtual disks do not fail back over to controller A. This is failover-only mode.

Path_B_Both├в Controller B fails over to controller A. When controller B restarts, the virtual disks fail back to controller B. This is failover/failback mode.

Path_B_Failover├в Controller B fails over to controller A. When controller B restarts, the
virtual disks do not fail back over to controller B. This is failover-only mode.

You should download the:

"HP StorageWorks Storage System Scripting
Utility reference"

Part number: T3724├в 96063
Ninth edition: July 2006

From the eva documentation page for details about all commands and options.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

SSSU is good at giving help.

For example, try:
> add ?
> add vdisk ?

> add vdisk ... PREFERRED_PATH=?
gstonian
Trusted Contributor

I have a script that does this already. As I delete and represent the disks I seperated the deletion and re-presentation

i.e.

select manager hydranew u=administrator p=
select system PEGASUS

DELETE LUN "\Hosts\Hostname\100"
DELETE LUN "\Hosts\Hostname\101"
DELETE LUN "\Hosts\Hostname\102"

DELETE VDISK "\Virtual Disks\Hostname\DG1_039_1\lifeprodbcdg1_039" WAIT_FOR_COMPLETION
DELETE VDISK "\Virtual Disks\hostname\DG1_040_1\lifeprodbcdg1_040" WAIT_FOR_COMPLETION
DELETE VDISK "\Virtual Disks\Hostname\DG1_041_1\lifeprodbcdg1_041" WAIT_FOR_COMPLETION

Then for refresh/creation

select manager hydranew u=administrator p=administrator

select system PEGASUS
ADD SNAPSHOT lifeprodbcdg1_039 VDISK="\Virtual Disks\Hostname\DG1_039_1\ACTIVE" ALLOCATION_POLICY=DEMAND REDUNDANCY=VRAID5 WORLD_WIDE_LUN_NAME = 6005-08b4-001
0-09ed-0001-0000-01ba-0000
ADD SNAPSHOT lifeprodbcdg1_040 VDISK="\Virtual Disks\Hostname\DG1_040_1\ACTIVE" ALLOCATION_POLICY=DEMAND REDUNDANCY=VRAID5 WORLD_WIDE_LUN_NAME = 6005-08b4-001
0-09ed-0001-0000-01be-0000

ADD LUN 100 VDISK="\Virtual Disks\Hostname\DG1_039_1\lifeprodbcdg1_039" HOST=Hostname
ADD LUN 101 VDISK="\Virtual Disks\Hostanem\DG1_040_1\lifeprodbcdg1_040" HOST=Hostname
Uwe Zessin
Honored Contributor

Ah, yes. If you want to recreate some commands from an existing configuration - here is what I wrote some months ago:

-----
Doing that manually can be a bit of work...
For that case I take the output of the "SHOW LUN" command, store it in a file (show_lun.txt) and run it though a script (one line):

$ sed -e 's/ \\Hosts/delete lun \\Hosts/g' show_lun.txt | grep "^delete" > delete_luns.txt

In case you want to present them later again, do a "CAPTURE CONFIGURATION" before you start working with the EVA and store it in 'config.txt'. Then you can easily extract the mapping commands:

$ grep "^ADD LUN " config.txt > present_vdisks.txt
-----