SELECT SYSTEM DC1-EVA01
!
!
!Shutdown Controllers and Drive Enclosures
!
SHUTDOWN "\Hardware\Rack 1\Controller Enclosure 7\Controller B" ALL_PEERS
!
! SSSU EVA Shutdown script end

However the script encounters an error when trying to select the Manager, the select manager command returns the error "command not valid"
2 REPLIES 2
Rob Leadbeater
Honored Contributor

Re: SSSU shutdown script error

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure how strict the command parsing is in SSSU, but looking at the reference guide here:

http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c02493404/c02493404.pdf

the command should be:

SELECT MANAGER san01 USERNAME=adminUser PASSWORD=yourpassword

Cheers,

Rob
Sheldon Smith
HPE Pro

Re: SSSU shutdown script error

Select Manager syntax is not *that* strict. If it was, Paul wouldn't have been able to log in and even attempt to send the shutdown command.

Paul, it *is* good form to not abbreviate inside scripts. Any script, any language.

Now: Paul, have you tried running SSSU interactively, see if SSSU returns a complaint about something in the command syntax?

Then, drill down in the Hardware folder in Command View. At the moment, I'm just doing this from memory, but isn't the controller
"\Hardware\Rack 1\Enclosure 7\Controller B" ? I don't recall seeing a "Controller Enclosure 7". Try using
SHUTDOWN "\Hardware\Rack 1\Enclosure 7\Controller B" ALL_PEERS
instead.

---
Lastly, don't forget to rate the usefulness/quality of *all* responses to (all of) your question(s).

Note: While I am an HPE Employee, all of my comments (whether noted or not), are my own and are not any official representation of the company

Accept or Kudo