1745788 Members
3337 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: After upgrade to SAN/IQ 9.5 - RAID status off

Spravtek
Occasional Advisor

After upgrade to SAN/IQ 9.5 - RAID status off

After a customer has upgraded one of  their P4500 G2 nodes to the latest SAN/IQ, which didn't really present any problems, the node came back up (after a long time) with RAID status "off" ... Customer tried a reboot, situation the same, only now it were 2 different disks that had a problem.

This error is in the alerts log after successful upgrade to 9.5:

E01000104 HW System RAID Status = 'Off'.

According to HP it will be some kind of cable that needs replacing. Very strange.

Anyone experienced this kind of behavior with an upgrade? I did some upgrades but never had this kind of thing happening.

4 REPLIES 4
Steve Burkett
Valued Contributor

Did they get all their firmware up to the versions specified in the P4300 & P4500 Firmware Compatibility Matrix document on the HP Storage Spock site?  Particularly the drive backplane which is a pain to prepare the update USB key for.

Other then that, maybe pop the shelf open and give all the cables a good push to make sure they're seated properly?

Spravtek
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for that link, I haven't stumbled on that one yet, seems there's some Firmware updates missed, could well be the problem, though everything does have the minimum requirements.

But I was thinking it could be a Disk firmware issue, so your file does give me some very solid info!

Many thanks!

Emilo
Trusted Contributor

Erroneous Hard Drive Failures After a Reboot

Certain SAS Hard Drives - FIRMWARE UPGRADE RECOMMENDED to Avoid Erroneous Hard Drive Failures After a Reboot or Power-Cycle

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02925851

EF0300FATFD Hot-Plug 300GB 6G 15K rpm, 3.5-inch LFF Dual-Port SAS

EF0450FATFE Hot-Plug 450GB 6G 15K rpm, 3.5-inch LFF Dual-Port SAS

EF0600FATFF Hot-Plug 600GB 6G 15K rpm, 3.5-inch LFF Dual-Port SAS

Spravtek
Occasional Advisor

Hello Emilo,

Thanks for that link.

Apparently there was an issue with the automatic firmware upgrades, while upgrading the node, while other nodes were fine. There's now a "believe" that the controller is probably faulty.

We're still testing and investigating.