1748170 Members
3917 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

HP LeftHand Centralized Management Console 8.5 upgrade problem

juniper

HP LeftHand Centralized Management Console 8.5 upgrade problem

Hi

when i try to "check for Upgrades" from help menu of HP LeftHand Centralized Management Console 8.5 upgrade problem i have always "Upgrade information could not be obtained because the upgrade information file does not exist".

I trace network during upgrade and i see that HP LeftHand Centralized Management Console 8.5 try ftp to 15.192.32.81 using anonymous user but using a uncorrect password "PASS Java1.6.0_06@", this password never works with anonymous user (anonymous need a correct mail address as password), i don't find any configuration file for change user or password.

Some suggestion?

Thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
rkokic
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP LeftHand Centralized Management Console 8.5 upgrade problem

I have a qestion regarding the upgrade...Will the upgrade save the alerting configurations I have set up?

Jess1313
Advisor

Are you using the 9.0 CMC or the 8.5 CMC? If yopur not using the 9.0 CMC download it from www.hp.com/go/p4000downloads and then it will have an upgrades option. If you are using the 9.0 CMC and still having issues getting the upgrade package try downloading it from from a computer outside of your company firewall, if it works correctly you can either have your networking checked, or copy the downloads folder at c:/program files/hp/p4000/ui/downloads from the computer you were able to download from and select the "use local media" option.

Also the alerts configurations are on the storage servers themselves not the CMC, so installing/upgrading/un-installing the CMC will not have any affect.

san_admin

3/4/2011 11:30 EST: The url to /go/p4000download link is failing.

Failure of server APACHE bridge:

No backend server available for connection: timed out after 10 seconds or idempotent set to OFF.

Build date/time: Sep 15 2008 12:24:22

Change Number: 1150354