StoreVirtual Storage
1748122 Members
3472 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP P4300 setup for Hyper-V CSV for failover?

SOLVED
Go to solution
abcj
Occasional Contributor

HP P4300 setup for Hyper-V CSV for failover?

Hi.

I have a P4300 AT016A I am wanting to setup with Microsoft Hyper-V using CSV for failover clustering. Is there a basic setup guide somewhere to do this? I have been in communications with HP tech support for months, but they keep sending me things that are not really what I'm after.

I have found documents on setting up P4300, and documents on setting up Hyper-V CSV and failover clustering, but nothing that combines the two.

Particularly, I'm looking for things like:

* Do I need to use HP MPIO drivers or MS ones?
* Do I assign all potential host servers to the HP volume in HP management tool?
* What settings do I have to configure for MPIO?
* etc

It would be wonderful if there were a reliable, step-by-step guide somewhere, with screenshots, that show exactly everything that needs to be done :)

My specific situation is 2x HP DL380G6 servers, with 1x P4300 Starter SAN Solution (includes two separate units).

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Cajuntank MS
Valued Contributor
Solution

I am actually doing this right now. I am waiting on an additional NIC for the MPIO, but I have went ahead and setup my volumes and cluster and have two VMs testing availability and Live Migration.

Please read over this pdf for dealing with Windows and SANiQ
http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01750146/c01750146.pdf

* Do I need to use HP MPIO drivers or MS ones? The pdf I have linked to addresses this. Using the HP DSM will offer better performance and availability

* Do I assign all potential host servers to the HP volume in HP management tool? Yes. Assign all nodes in the cluster access to the volume(s) you created for that cluster (via the CMC) and make sure you leave them offline on that cluster node's disk management. Let the Failover cluster service handle the disk management.

* What settings do I have to configure for MPIO? Again, the pdf I have linked answers this. But also look at http://bizsupport2.austin.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c01865547/c01865547.pdf
* etc

Hope that helps.

abcj
Occasional Contributor

Hi Cajuntank MS! That's great. Just the kind of info I needed. I don't think I had seen the first link before (not sure why HP support couldn't find it for me...). Thanks!