7754 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Storevirtual CMC console - update issues

NDBT
Advisor

HP Storevirtual CMC console - update issues

Hi,

Seeing a problem with trying to update the HP StoreVirtual CMC lately.  The update manager in the CMC will not fully download updates for the VSS, DSM, and CLI sections.  The updater shows that there is about 1.1Gigs to download but when I click the START DOWNLOAD button, the download bombs out when it reach 40% and the updater then gives me two options: use local media or Test FTP connection.

I've installed the CMC on two different machines with the same results and I'm at a loss on what to do as there are no porxy/firewall settings to block this traffic.

This is the CMC version 12.5 Build 0583.0

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

typically a firewall issue for me.  Other thing to try is to make sure you have enough space on your HDD and then change the download location for the files and try again.

I"ve also in the past had problems when selecting to only download needed files vs. the "download everything" option.  If you keep getting stuck, try the download all option.

NDBT
Advisor

Checked these as suggested.  Drives have plenty of space and firewall/proxy aren't showing any blocked content.

Very confusing. Would anyone know the link which this download button connects to so I could try getting their through an FTP client?  Perhaps I can download the updates manually.

NDBT
Advisor

HP released a notification about this issue on 12-24 and it inlcudes a work around which appears to work for my environment.

http://h20566.www2.hpe.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=c04928683&hprpt_id=HPGL_ALERTS_1866178&jumpid=em_alerts_us-us_Dec15_xbu_all_all_575206_1866178_OptionsStorage_routine__/