4587 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Question LeftHand P4500

Jesus_51
Advisor

Question LeftHand P4500

Hello,

I have a lefthand p4500, it has 6 enclosures and one node NAS. I like to connect one node more but I have a question. 

I dont have ports ethernet to connect heartbeat connection beetween nodes. The node has two teaming configurate (iscsi and production) with three nics everyone. I must to recreate one teaming.

I have data in the NAS server and others server by iscsi connection too.

The question is: if I remove a connection from a "teaming" I lose connectivity to the servers that are not in the NAS. Have I to stop the whole environment?

Thanks, I do not know if I explained well. If you need more information ask me.

Jesus

4 REPLIES 4
oikjn
Honored Contributor

Re: Question LeftHand P4500

Jesus,

Hate to say this, but the information you are saying sounds like its not a p4500 system but something more than that.  the P4500 is iscsi only and everything is controlled through the CMC program.  I would suggest talking to whomever setup your system because only they will have the answer or know where to go to find it.

Jesus_51
Advisor

Thanks oikjn for your response.

My system is a P4500. The server connection is via iscsi. I was describing the NAS connected to the P4500.

Thanks,
Jesus

Jesus_51
Advisor

I attach photo with the connection. I marked in red connections to which I refer

Thanks

Northwoods
Frequent Advisor

You shouldn't be affecting the P4500 to the server links at all. The team facing the clients would be bounced momentarily.

In the configuration pictured I would do a 2x2x2 config with two links for SAN, Heartbeat, and Data for redundancy. Another option would be to use vlan separation and create the heartbeat network on one of the two existing teams.