1753807 Members
7648 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion

SAN I/Q slow performance in Remote Snapshot

Ovidiu Marangoci
Occasional Contributor

SAN I/Q slow performance in Remote Snapshot

Our customer has 4 HP P4500 G2 Nodes configured in 2 management groups with one cluster of 2 nodes each, one local cluster and one remote cluster. Now, all the nodes are in one location connected to the same switch in order to transfer the data on them, initiate the asynchronus remote replication using the remote snapshot, after a large amount of data is replicated on the future remote cluster, we will send the remote cluster nodes to the remote location.
The problem is that the speed of data transfer between the clusters is very slow, we have configured remote bandwith properly.
I have seen that SAN I/Q somehow calculates the amount of data that has to be transfered so in order to not occupy the entire bandwith, it calculates the transfer rate so that it could finish before the next recurring snapshot.
It happened to me to not finish the transfer in time, it was not a large amount of data, around 1 GB, that took around 1 hour to finish. The nodes are connected on the same switch.
I have tested this configuration using VSA version 8.5 and the speed was very good. Then i tested this using VSA ver 9.0 and the speed was lower then the one obtain using VSA 8.5.
Best regards