1753284 Members
5284 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VMware Site Recovery Manager 4 with HP Lefthand VSA

Michi158
Occasional Visitor

VMware Site Recovery Manager 4 with HP Lefthand VSA

Hi, i'm a student and I have a big problem at my project report. I installed two ESX-Hosts. Each with a vCenter and the Site Recovery Manager 4. The replication with HP Lefthand VSA is working. So each 30 minutes I get a new snapshot with the actual data. After the installation of HP Lefthand SRA I wanted to test my system. ....without success. I get the following message: Non-fatal error information reported during execution of SRA: testFailover Output: "C:\Programme\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\/scripts/SAN/LeftHand Networks/jre/bin/java" -cp "C:\Programme\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\/scripts/SAN/LeftHand Networks/UI.jar" com.lefthandnetworks.commandline.Srm.Srm < "inputyLdres.xml"" UNEXPECTED: There was no writable space on snapshot named "virtualmaschines_Sch_RS_1_Rmt.36" to delete, continuing... NOTE:Had this been a real failover the remote parent volume named "Relication_virtualmaschines" would have be changed to a primary volume, continuing... ADDED: Added volume or snpashot "virtualmaschines_Sch_RS_1_RMT_36" to the volume list named "1", continuing... ADDED: Created a server named "SRM_AG_1" with IQN "21:00:00:e0:8b:0b:e1:60", continuing... volume : virtualmaschines_Sch_RS_1_Rmt.36 is in volume list 1 volume : virtualmaschines_Sch_RS_1_Rmt.36 is in auth group esx-RT ERROR: command to address 192.168.178.4 failed because null Error: I'm thankful for every kind of help! So I hopefully can complete my project report. Thanks and best regards Michael
3 REPLIES 3
JeffHunter

Re: VMware Site Recovery Manager 4 with HP Lefthand VSA

Hello Michi158.  Do you have the replicated volume and/or snapshot at the recovery site assigned to you ESX host?  If yes, this is incorrect.  The SRA handles this for you.  See the attached screen shots .pdf for some details.

AleksejsV
Established Member

Hello!

I have the same problem -

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: Non-fatal error information reported during execution of SRA: testFailover Output:
"C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\/scripts/SAN/LeftHand Networks/jre/bin/java" -cp "C:\Program Files\VMware\VMware vCenter Site Recovery Manager\/scripts/SAN/LeftHand Networks/UI.jar" com.lefthandnetworks.commandline.Srm.Srm < "inputvmVFL4.xml""
UNEXPECTED: There was no writable space on snapshot named "DC2.SharedStorage_Snap_1_Rmt.24" to delete, continuing...
NOTE: Had this been a real failover the remote parent volume named "DC2.SharedStorage_RemoteCopy" would have be changed to a primary volume, continuing...
ADDED: Added volume or snpashot "DC2.SharedStorage_Snap_1_Rmt.24" to the volume list named "SRM_VL_1", continuing...
ADDED: Created a server named "SRM_AG_2" with IQN "10:00:00:00:c9:70:0d:ca", continuing...
volume : DC2.SharedStorage_Snap_1_Rmt.24 is in volume list SRM_VL_1
volume : DC2.SharedStorage_Snap_1_Rmt.24 is in auth group SRM_AG_1

ERROR: command to address 172.16.53.26 failed because null

Error:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My recovery site (DC1) does not contain LUNs assigned to recovery servers.

idle-jam

i too get such error message. can someone help?