3858 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion

email configuration

anyCOPY
Occasional Advisor

email configuration

Hi guys,

I'm not sure if this has been dealt with before, I cannot find anything on these boards about it ( or I'm just not looking where I should ), but here's a challenge:

We have a P4500 setup, with 5 storage nodes. Everything is running perfect, but the email setup. In the alarms, there's an error message stating "The email configuration status is failed". Which is weird, since all nodes are sending test and error emails to our support emailadress, We just can't seem to get rid of the *warning* ( the little yellow sign with the exclamation point in it  in our CMC. We've tried setting up a completely new mailserver, just for testing purposes, to no avail.

Anyone have any idea how to get rid of this?

Thanks in advance,

Kind regards,

Kay Dieckmann

anyCOPY ApS

13 REPLIES 13
Jitun
HPE Pro

Re: email configuration

As of now there is no way to remove the warning from the Alarms.

Are the Nodes updated with Patch-set 20020 and 20030 ?
I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

anyCOPY
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for your quick reply.

As for the patches, yes, the nodes are fully patched and updated..

It's just weird that the error is only showing up on one of 5 identical nodes, but the configuration is done in CMC for all 5 nodes ( so I would assume that either none, or all 5 nodes should be in error.. ) And I hate errormessages, when in fact, there is no error.. :)

Again, thanks for your reply !!

Kay Dieckmann

Jitun
HPE Pro

Its most probably a Bug.

I would advice opening a Case with HP.

I work for HPE
--------------------------------------------------------------
How to assign points? Click the KUDOS! star!

Accept or Kudo

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

I don't know the explanation why, but I had this once also and I was able to solve it by making a change in the configuration inside the CMC (for instance add an email address) so that the config has to be re-deployed to all storage nodes... And all errors were gone...

Give it a try!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
majedian21
Regular Visitor

I had this exact same problem with our P4000 G2 cluster after creating it - 3 out of the 5 nodes showed this alert message. All patches were up-to-date for my nodes and CMC. I followed the advice mentioned above and simply changed the sender email within the Management Groups's Events > Email option. I hit "Apply and Test" and it worked - something must have needed to get reset in each node's configuration. I simply changed it back to what the sender email was originally, and I was good to go. Hope that helps to confirm the fix!

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Good to hear that the 'fix' helps...

Do not forget to assign this thread as solved for further visitors! Kudo's are always nice to receive :smileywink:

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
anyCOPY
Occasional Advisor

Good to hear that " Fix " worked for someone. However, bug still persists on our end.

Any other possible solutions are welcome.. ( complete reinstall/reconfigure of CMC didnt help either )

anyCOPY
Occasional Advisor

Ok, so today there was an update available for the CMC, and even though it wasn't in the patchnotes, I figured I'd update that to see if it would solve the issue...But ofcourse, it didn't, it made it worse.. now, 3 out of 4 nodes are showing the error.

Thanks HP

robbiebob

Hey its 2013 why does this bug still exist... newly updated all the firmware .... Thanks for the answer though.. helped me :)