3439 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: hp p4300 lefthand with NC550 + hp dl380 g7

hpunne
Occasional Advisor

hp p4300 lefthand with NC550 + hp dl380 g7

Hello people.
I want to solve a problem of connection between a P4300 chassis each with its NC550sfp interface, and two HP DL380 G7 also host to more nc550sfp SFP copper cables.
Since delivering 10GbE switches with SFP bays will delay a few months, I wonder if I can connect a chassis P4300 and HP DL380 G7 only crossed wires each? like a standard Ethernet .. ?
Eh tried some configurations without success so far. Saniq'm running 9.5 now, perhaps thinking of migrating to 10.0 if necessary to realize my idea.
Can anyone give me a hand?

From already thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

not likely to work because there is no link between the nodes.

Can't push the vendor harder on the switches?  I'm sure SOMEBODY has 10G switches you could use... you remind them (and yourself) that you aren't locked to HP for their switches and can use anybody's switch... thats one of the nice things about using iSCSI.

hpunne
Occasional Advisor

in our country we are with some problems regarding the entry of imported equipment, everything has a significant delay.
He thought that there might be some way to connect these computers together, as any ethernet .. Otherwise is it does not support backward ETHERNET?
Thank you!

oikjn
Honored Contributor

you need to be able to have the nodes connected to a switch. I thought the ports are compatible with 1GB, but you still need a switch to plug them into. A crossover cable simply would not work because you need to connect each node to each server and each node to one another.

From your drawing, it looks like you have 1G connections on the nodes as well. I'm not totally familiar with the 10G upgraded nodes, if you can disable those ports and just use the 1G ports for now you should be ok to hold yourself over until the better switches come in.

BTW, I totally get the issue with customs. It is a shame you can't find a local source with them in stock in country... Just out of curiosity, what country are you in?