1748126 Members
3259 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: windows 2012r2 cluster failed to bring disk online

OSSO
Occasional Contributor

windows 2012r2 cluster failed to bring disk online

Hi Ihave big problem with MS cluster with lefthand 4500, lefthand has 4 node version 10.5, i have isntall dsm mpio version 11 like is mentioned in document http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetDocument.aspx?docname=4AA2-5654ENW&cc=us&lc=en

but when the node is restarted disk is not going online there is error incorect function in iscsi sesions i see lot off disconencted sesions and no dsm sesion. Node is only conect 4 sesion no dsm sesion. Policy is round robin.

3 REPLIES 3
oikjn
Honored Contributor

sounds like a config or install problem.  Did you setup MPIO correctly?  Sounds like you are saying its not working so that means its most likely a config problem.  check through the configurations and maybe reinstall MPIO and DSM or contact support.

OSSO
Occasional Contributor

Hi ihave migrating Hyper-V cluster from 2012 to 2012r2. Config of HP MPIO DSM are exactly same as on old cluster node, it seems to be some incompatibility with newer OS. I have uninstalled HP DSM and currently i have only MS DSM and it working fine on 2012r2, disk come online without problem. Only month earlier i have read compatibility document that only supported lefthand os is 11 with 2012r2 as initiator and now it change to support also 10.5, but problem with version 11 is that it still not available due to delay, for online upgrade with CMC, so something is wrong with bad testing compatibility with 2012r2 and 10.5 lefthand os.

oikjn
Honored Contributor

sounds like you have to contact support then to get this sorted out.

I assume you have tried to clear the PR flag on the disks?