Operating System - OpenVMS
1752786 Members
5954 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Does OpenVMS support Huawei OceanStor Storage?

albert000
Advisor

Dear all:

Finally,We found the mapped luns successfully on the HP integrity servers,but it didn't work on the HP Alpha servers with the same configure.(Neither the 0xA3 nor 0XEC scsi command worked)

Could anyone tell me if there are some diffrent between the two architectures of servers,how can it works on the Alpha servers.

albert000
Advisor

Dear Jur:

According to your suggestion, we ask HUAWEI storage to realize the scsi command:A3.

And now it works on OpenVMS 8.4 for ia64 architecture.

But when we change the server to alpha architecture, we find it doesn't works. The OS version is 7.3 for alpha and 8.3 for alpha. We check the communication between server and storage, and find that after server has sent the EC command to storage, and storage feedback "Invalid command operation". Then there are no more messages. The alpha server can't find the LUNs mapped from HUAWEI.

Could you please help to check this?

looking forware to your reply.

Thanks very much!

abrsvc
Respected Contributor

The hardware device drivers are different for Alpha and Itanium platforms.  For example, HP's own 3PAR system is not supported on Alpha but is supported on Itanium.  The difference is in the drivers.   I would expect that an update to the driver is necessary in order for this to work.  Make the request to HP and ask that the driver be updated to support this command. (I don't think it will happen, but you can ask.)

Dan

albert000
Advisor

Dear:

Now HUAWEI storage system has realized the SCSI command:a3. And its LUN can be found and used by OpenVMS 8.4 for IA64.

Next step, we want to use OpenVMS cluster with HUAWEI storage system, is there any more special SCSI command needed to support?

BR

TONG