1748151 Members
3825 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

eneidercolina
Collector

Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

i have problems with the backup of the switch cisco SG-300, when i try the backup the startup config of the switch, the result is 

SNMP Set operation failed.

1. Check that the SNMP parameters are correct.With SNMPv3 adopted, the username,
authentication password, privacy password and privacy mode for the device and the iMC should be the same.

2. Check the MIB style (Execute the display mib-style command. If the MIB style is displayed as new,
but it displays that the node sending the Set request is 2011 after packet capturing, synchronize the device.
Check the MIB style again. If the MIB style is still inconsistent, execute the mib-style [ new | compatible ] command,
and then restart the device.).

3. Error code such as no such name may occur for the Set operation. You need to capture packets to analyze whether such error
occurs in the response received by the device.

4. Device busy, please retry later.

i have the device sync with IMC and when i test the SNMP settings i have the result Device "..."parameters successfully tested.

there any solution for this issue?

eneidercolina
7 REPLIES 7
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: Backup switch cisco sg300 with IMC.

What's the sysObjectID for that switch? 

My guess is that there's no specific backup adapter for it, and it's trying to use the generic Cisco SNMP adapter.

criville
Occasional Visitor

Here is the sysOID 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.6.1.83.10.5

ibias
Regular Advisor

Cisco SG300 isn't official supported in imc up to now. We try to create an adapter to do so, and with tftp it works now. Restore or a secure copy dosn't work. Please send me an email to inge.bias@hpe.com, and I can send you our adapter set.

CHAMPS
Occasional Visitor

Hi, could you please send me the adapter please ? I tried to create one but it doesn't work.

Thank you 

kevinb1
Occasional Visitor

Unable to send mail to that adress.

Could you please share the adapter here?

fig07
Occasional Visitor

hello 

i can't to send email at inge.bias@hpe.com. i can't backup the cisco smb. error snmp set operation failed

thank you

ibias1
Occasional Advisor

Hello,

I put it on a public FTP server, try to download it.

imc Adapter

I put also the MIB on the FTP. So please firstly add the MIB, or download the latest MIB file from Cisco in imc and than add the Adapter. Hope this help.