New Discussion юеВ

Re: GAM and COMWARE

SOLVED
Go to solution
battagfe
Advisor

GAM and COMWARE

Hi all,

is true that GAM (Guest Access Manager) work only with COMWARE?!?

On IMC Guide:

тАЬBecause the authentication requires the access device to support user groups, the software version of the access device must be Comware Platform Software Version COMWAREV500R002B56 or higher.тАЭ

So is not possible to use GAM with HP MSM controller?

FB

2 REPLIES 2
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi,

This is indeed a bit confusing. There is the Guest Manager (UAM feature) and the Guest Access Manager (GAM).

The GAM (Guest Access Manager) is a feature of the standard IMC system, and is indeed only working for Comware devices running the local portal (web auth) function.

These comware devices can authenticate guest users based on their local user db, and the GAM module is intended to allow reception users to use the IMC web interface as intermediate interface to create local users on the comware device.

When the additional UAM module is installed, the GM (Guest Manager) is also installed. UAM operates as a full radius server, which can be linked to an LDAP server or AD for the user sync, and on top of that local users can be defined (local on the UAM IMC server).

This UAM function can also be used to authenticate guest users (so you can link e.g. the MSM wireless guest VSC HTML auth to this UAM radius server).

The creation of these local users can again be outsourced via the selfservice portal, so reception user can be appointed to create these guest users on the UAM server.

I hope this clarifies the situation :)

Best regards,Peter

battagfe
Advisor

Peter, thank you very much! You've been very clear...
I'm sorry if I can't use the GAM because it was very simple, well-made and ready to use.
Nevertheless, I'll do as you have implicitly recommended me:
- Create a guest user in UAM
- Define the portal authentication
- Add the MSM controller as an access device
- Create the service portal auth defined and device access defined
and the game should be done and everything work.
I'll let you know. :)
thank you very much