4705 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP IMC 5.1 on VMWare ESXi 5.0 on Windows 2008 R2 whit MS SQL Server 2008 R2

carstro
Occasional Advisor

HP IMC 5.1 on VMWare ESXi 5.0 on Windows 2008 R2 whit MS SQL Server 2008 R2

Hello,

I´m new on HP IMC and will install it in a VM.

I have read the Guidelines for installing on a virtual machine from the "HP Intelligent Management Center Installation Guide (IMC PLAT 5.1 (E0202)).pdf":

"iMC can be installed on a VMware virtual machine. Before the installation, you must set the path where
the virtual machine is located and hardware information including the types and number of CPUs, the
number, models, and MAC addresses of network adapters, and the number and space of disk drives.
After you install iMC, do not change the previous configuration. Otherwise, iMC cannot work normally."

I have one Question:

Why I don´t change the set of the path where the VM ist locate after the installation?

I asked because of I must install the IMC in a VM on ESXi Server A. Later I must move the VM whit IMC installed to the VM ESXi Server B. 

Is this possible, or will I loose the License?

All other hardware information including the types and number of CPUs, the number, models, and MAC addresses of network adapters, and the number and space of disk drives will not change...

mfg

Carstro

3 REPLIES 3
Neelixx
Frequent Advisor

Re: HP IMC 5.1 on VMWare ESXi 5.0 on Windows 2008 R2 whit MS SQL Server 2008 R2

Are both systems in the same VM cluster?  As long as the networking config stays the same, You shouldn't have a problem. 

I have moved mine just fine. 

-------
Aaron Paxson
@Neelixx
jmacd
Occasional Advisor

MAC address and ip are the key - must be the same as the services are linked to the ip and the license to the Mac.

Should work fine
carstro
Occasional Advisor

ok, I will test it... Thank you!