5545 Online
108798 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP IMC 7.2 - Switch restarts after software deploy

DKNL
Occasional Visitor

HP IMC 7.2 - Switch restarts after software deploy

Hello HP community,

I want to deploy the software and exclude restart device after software deploy but the device makes a reboot.

The checkbox is unticked for restart device after software deploy.

Anyone of you have a solution for this issue?

Best Regards

DKNL

4 REPLIES 4
NeilR
Esteemed Contributor

On 7.1 I have that issue with a procurve 2915. The script attempts to set the new version as the default startup (which is not an exposed choice), and that is done by rebooting the 2915 pointing to the new image. There is no set default boot image option for the 2915. Maybe something similar in your case.

I also tested with procurve 2910 and it did not reboot. It does have a command to set the startup image so its happy.

You didn't mention device brand and type, but maybe your issue is related to device/vendor specific adapter script that is used to backup configs and install software, located here:

imc_server\install_drive:\Program Files\iMC\server\conf\adapters\ICC\<vendor>

Script capabilities vary by vendor/device and some do have issues - you can possibly fix them if you follow the logic otherwise report them back to hp as they should support the scripts they ship.

Just be aware that imc updates may overwrite your changes, so keep a copy.

DKNL
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for the information.

The device i tried was an HP 2824 switch.

I will take a look at the specific path you mentioned.

Best regards

DKNL

legoman
Advisor

The procuve scripts are a bit of a disaster. I've experienced this problem with the 2610. With the current version of 7.2 we're running the 2600 series switches won't update firmware at all. Attempting to baseline the software just times out. Deploying goes through the motions but then tells the switch to get the firmware from a nonexistent location. 

It doesn't really feel like IMC is touched by anyone who understands the HP switches.

Tech394
Occasional Advisor

Glad to know I'm not the only person who can't update 2610s in IMC.