8338 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP IMC RSM - Certificate error

_Thomas_
Advisor

HP IMC RSM - Certificate error

Hi all,

I'm installing HP IMC server standard edition with a HP Remote site manager.

I've succesfully added the RSM to the main IMC server. The communication is also normal.

But when I want to view the devices of the RSM, I get a certificate error.

What can I do to prevent this?

Many thanks in advance!

Kind regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: HP IMC RSM - Certificate error

Hello,

Certificates can be a bit funny (like not work) if the time and date aren't correct on the server - is the server platform hosting IMC aligned with an NTP server? 

I built an IMC server up with RSM a good while ago and don't remember anything wrong with the certificates. Are you using self-signed (i.e. untrusted) Certs or have you linked the boxes into your PKI / CA infrastructure? 

The Chris Young Videos on YouTube are always worth a watch before during or after an install / configuration of a new component. 

Let us know how you get on and if you find a solution. Give some kudos if someone helps. 

thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
_Thomas_
Advisor

Hi Ian,

Thanks for the reply. I"m using the self-signed certificates out of the box for IMC.

I found a way to change them with cli, but it was a bit difficult. Do you have an easier way?

Kind regards,

Thomas Willems

Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Howdy,

If you are using Windows Server OS (and the IIS web server) you can use the Windows PKI / CA toolkit which you can drive from the MMC snap-in.

Are they all in the same domain?

A quick search uncovered a couple of very good articles to guide you here and here

I'm on Linux so I need to have another look into this from a different angle. :-)

Best of luck - let us know how you get on and please mark posts as "solved" and give "kudos" when someone posts something useful as it lets others know.

Thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me