New Discussion

Re: HP iMC - Enable Syslog server?

SOLVED
Go to solution
rawr
Occasional Contributor

HP iMC - Enable Syslog server?

Hi,

I'm using iMC standard 7.0 and I'm looking to enable syslog on my switches. It seems like some people are using this feature but I can't find it anywhere in the software, it seems like the feature is missing.. ;? "Alarms --> Syslog"  or  "System --> system configuration --> Syslog" are missing.

I'm I missing something?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You shouldn't have to do anything special - it should just be there under Alarm -> Syslog Management.

You should also see imcsyslogdm running, and listening on UDP/514.

I did once see a problem with a system that didn't show all base configuration management features. Once the system was patched, they showed up properly. I didn't want to run the unpatched version, so I never investigated it too closely.

Probably worth upgrading - 7.1 has been out for a while, and now we've got E0303P13.

TerjeAFK
Respected Contributor
Solution

Check that Syslog Management is deployed on your iMC server: start the Intelligent Deployment Monitoring Agent on the iMC server and check the Deploy tab.

There are also some features (like LiveUpdate) in iMC that are only visible if you are logged in as admin, not if you are logged in using Radius for example. I don't know if Syslog is one of those features since we use a separate Syslog server.

rawr
Occasional Contributor

Well that was easy!

Thanks for your help, I got it working.

Regards,

Cedric

almogg

What the solution ? 

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor