1753666 Members
6014 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: IMC - Deploy task on Procurve switch

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Yeah, I've done plenty of backups with SCP, but I didn't think you could push configs.

Can you try pushing a partial config via SCP? Put a scrap of config in a file, and push it with "scp <file> $username@x.x.x.x:/cfg/running-config"

From what I can see, it might be supported to push some config to the startup-config, but that might be an overwrite, not a merge.

Are you able to test it out?
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Hi guys,

I am not really sure on this one, but I think I remember some other difference between segment and cli:

when there is an execution error at one of the commands in a segment (invalid command or invalid command options) the system would try to "undo" the previous commands.

Since this "undo " principle does not apply to any other devices but Comware, the segment would only apply to Comware devices, all others would need to use the CLI.

I have had no time to test again, so if anyone can re-confirm this ?

Peter.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Segments work with Cisco gear too. There's no way to roll those back. CLI scripts do check output, but when you add a segment it doesn't really give any feedback about valid/invalid commands - it just SCPs the segment across.