New Discussion

[JG747AAE] After VM has been degraded . We can no longer connect to iMC

SOLVED
Go to solution
CAPA
Occasional Collector

[JG747AAE] After VM has been degraded . We can no longer connect to iMC

Hi,

Our virtual server that hosting HP iMC software has been degraded. After repairing it, we can no longer connect to iMC. At login page, message is "invalid license".

It seems the serial number of the product changed.
We made a product update 7.1 to 7.2 . Nothing changed
I don't know how to regenerate licenses for the new serial on the HP website.

Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Re: [JG747AAE] After VM has been degraded . We can no longer connect to iMC

Howdy,

I'm guessing that you didn't have your virtual MAC addressed pinned to the VM hosting iMC?

Do you have your IMC software registered in your "My Networking" portal?

You will need the Registration ID (I think its called) of the IMC platform software and the new "Virtual Serial Number" that you can get from the "Activate" page below the initial login webpage.

You should be able to recompile a new license-key file from the above 2 pieces of information. I just tried to get into the "My Networking" site to check my methodology and it's "very sorry" that it isn't letting me in :-/

I'll maybe try again in a bit

If you get stuck (i.e. if you don't have registration ID and suchlike to hand) you can throw yourself on the mercy of Support and see if you can get an emergency key sorted out while you try and unravel your paperwork. 

I would highly recommend pinning the virtual MAC currently in use to the VM hosting IMC so that it doesn't happen again. 

Another good one from the scrap-book of broken dreams: 

If you can avoid "DRS-ing" your workload to another host you'll avoid regular unfathomable alert storms. Can happen where the regular IMC node keep-alive / discovery process kicks off and the acknowledgements are delivered back to the host that your hypervisor manager has just auto-migrated IMC off, resulting in a sudden momentary whoopsie on the network where it looks like all the managed nodes disappeared and then came back. Happens in the blink of an eye and very difficult to nail down. Don't let your IMC workload wander free across your VM farm. Anchor it to a fixed host unless the host is dying.

Don't forget the Kudos "thumbs up" button and the "solved" tick to let others know when a post is helpful / useful / amusing. 

Thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
CAPA
Occasional Collector

Hi Ian,

Here's my iMC activate portal:

My iMC is in the "My software" section:

I click on the black button, and then:

Nevertheless, I don't konw where I can put the product number and new serial number for re-generate a licence-key file.

Maybe in the "My licenses" section?

Many thanks.

Regards.

CAPA

Ian Vaughan
Honored Contributor

Hello,

Yes - you are most of the way there

IIRC:

-> My Licenses -> "Transfer Licenses to another Platform"

You are effectively doing a transfer as your Virtual Machine has a new vMAC so IMC assumes that means it is a new host!

Let us know how you get on - should just be a matter of your License REg ID and the new vSerial Number. 

Thanks

Ian

Hope that helps - please click "Thumbs up" for Kudos if it does
## ---------------------------------------------------------------------------##
Which is the only cheese that is made backwards?
Edam!
Tweets: @2techie4me
CAPA
Occasional Collector
Solution

Hi,

That's what I thinked, but I'm unlucky. There's nothing in the list.

Fields "products name, Install ID, Status..." are empty.

But I've found my answer in the "view licenses" bottom section. I have to contact support:

Many thanks for your time Ian. And have a great day !