108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Lost Admin Password

SOLVED
Go to solution
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Well usually you know if you've installed either one or  two servers.

Standby system has fewer menu options, and there's many things you can look at, but not change - exactly as you are describing.

Look at the Deployment Monitoring Agent, and see if it's set up to use Auto Backup from the primary, with Auto Restore on the secondary.

Edie209
Occasional Advisor

Sorry I get what you mean now (Terminology) We only have the one server.  

I have looked in that table and I can see the admin users and I am able to change settings and password hashes.

However I am still in the situation where the admin users don't have full access to the system.

I have a backup of the database before I upgraded, if I was to uninstall and then install V7 from scratch could I use the database backup or is the database modified in the upgrade?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Yes, the DB gets modified during upgrade.

Depending on how important your data is/how much time and money you have, I would be looking at one of more of these courses of action:

1/ Roll back the upgrade.

2/ Log support case, or engage local technical resource to investigate

3/ Dig deeper into the DB yourself, look at  what's going on with roles, etc. Check that system is not set to Auto-Restore.

4/ Roll back the upgrade, and try upgrade again.

Edie209
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for getting back so quick.

I have a case logged with HP however they seem very slow to even come back to acknowledge me.

We are a School so money is an issue we were very lucky to get iMC .

I have checked and "enable auto backup and recovery" is not checked.

My iMC install is on a VM so I think I will go to an earlier snapshot.  Shame I really wanted to understand what had happened

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I'd like to know what's happened too! But yeah, sometimes it's better to take the path of least resistance.

In classic computer engineering style, roll back, run the upgrade again, and see if it works this time. (Yeah, not a lot of help, I know).

If you want to, you could keep a separate clone of the broken system, for further digging later.
Edie209
Occasional Advisor

Thats is exactly what I have done saved a vm to put in a test enviroment.

I have restored a snapshot and all is fine however I am back on 5.2 so I will now try again.

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

One thing I forgot to mention - if you aren't already doing it, go straight to 7.0 E0202. Good thing is you don't need to go to 7.0 base + patch.

Edie209
Occasional Advisor

Thanks downloading now I will update how its goes this time.