5026 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Trap/Alarm when new Device appears

Phil-HH
Occasional Contributor

Trap/Alarm when new Device appears

Hi,

Is it possible to get an alert (using a trap?!) when I connect a device to the network (in a certain Ip Range).

IMC doesnt know the device.

6 REPLIES 6
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You can use IMC for Terminal Access Management, and configure interface/MAC/IP bindings, with alarms raised if unauthorised devices are detected. That might work?

Look under Resource -> Terminal Access

Phil-HH
Occasional Contributor

Is it possible to get an smnp Trap of a device which appers at IMC?

For example after confige a new Decive (Switch) IMC display an Alarm "New Decive is online" ... ?!

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

There doesn't appear to be any alarm for discovering a new device. There are alarms for changes, or discovering identical devices, but not for a new device.

You might be able to find something in one of the scheduled reports that helps.
Peter_Debruyne
Honored Contributor

Hi,

It is a bit of a workaround, but attached procedure should help you (based on IMC Operator log syslog forwarding).

Hope this helps,

Best regards,Peter.

Phil-HH
Occasional Contributor

Tanks, but is there a way to get an alarm without auto discover. Maybe a trap definition which is used by the config of a device?

streeb
Occasional Advisor

Peter, 

I attempted to implement this and, despite following your method to the letter, it does not appear to work. I am just wondering whether there is some version dependency for this? The test version I have here is E0504P04 or E0506. 

Regards

Mike