Unable to download any sort of firmware for switches

SOLVED
Go to solution
FoxtrotOff
Advisor

Unable to download any sort of firmware for switches

Hi All

We have had IMC for around 8 months.

Recently we have begun experiencing issues downloading firmware updates via the software library.

We have successfully done this in the past and updated firmware on our switching, however we are trying to run updates this week and unfoprtunately we are unable to download anything.

The only message we get is "Failed to download file "firmwarename.zip"

Weirdly, we can query the FTP servers and find the latest versions of the firmware software for our switches, a 2650b firmware shows as 15th of October this year.

We have tried multiple browsers, multiple DNS settings, Multiple internet configurations (proxied, non proxied, filtered, non filtered).

Can anyone offer assistance?

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12
LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable to download any sort of firmware for switches

Which version are you running? There was a patch released a few months ago (7.1 E0303P13) that included this enhancement:

LiveUpdate URL changes to https://h10145.www1.hpe.com/web/services/pcm3/PcmWebSvc.asmx.

I wonder if you're running 7.1 (E0303), and it's broken because HP is changing their URLs as part of the split between HP Inc & HP Enterprise?

FoxtrotOff
Advisor

Hi Lindsay

Yea that looks like it could be the issue.

The odd thing is, when i look at live update within IMC, it does not off e0303p13 as an update?

Do i have to manually download this update or fully reinstall IMC?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

You will have to manually download the updates, but you can apply them to your current system - you don't need to reinstall.

You can get them from here: https://h10145.www1.hp.com/downloads/SoftwareReleases.aspx?ProductNumber=JG747AAE&lang=&cc=&prodSeriesId=

E0303P16 is the latest patch.

FoxtrotOff
Advisor

Hi Lindsay

Thanks for that, i have just completed the update process.

I am sad to say however the issue has persisted and i am still unable to download any firmware.

I have just attempted to download firmware for a 2650B switch and i am getting the same error message stating "failed to download file "2600-software-H10115.zip"

i will play around with our settings again to see if it is an line thing, however i am highly skeptical it is this as the line IMC is using, is an unfiltered line

Thanks

FoxtrotOff
Advisor

After trying a multitude of lines we have available on site, i am sad to report no change in the ability to download firmwares within IMC

Is there any other advice i could try?

Thanks!

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I think at this stage you'll probably need to log a case. Could be something else going on related to URL changes.

FoxtrotOff
Advisor

Unfortunately i did as you suggested this morning and submitted a case. I just received a phojne call to be told that due to use having purchased IMC over 60 days ago (Purchase dated March 31st 2015) and that we do not have an SLA or care package for IMC we would not be allowed to receive support.

I find this quite shocking really, we purchased this software for a lot of money and were not told at any point that we wouldnt be supported by HP after 60 days, we use a large amount of HP switching, in fact our entire infrastructure is HP switching, and our managed wireless network is all HP, and to be told that we are unable to receive support for what should be a quick and easy fix is just totally beyond me.

I will be writing an official letter of complaint to the HP head office in the UK to communicate our disappointment in this matter.

Thanks for your help

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

> we do not have an SLA or care package for IMC we would not be allowed to receive support.

Did they tell you how to purchase support?

LindsayHill
Honored Contributor

I'm a little surprised that they sold it to you without support. Normal process is that the original sale includes the first years support (nb this will be a separate line item, it's not included at zero cost).