1745858 Members
4736 Online
108723 Solutions
New Discussion

HP 4110 IP Phone change to PoE Stuck on Load

AllanD1
Occasional Visitor

HP 4110 IP Phone change to PoE Stuck on Load

We have recently just moved location, in doing so we moved our HP IP phones from AC adaptor to PoE, in doing so now my  4 of my HP 4110 IP Phones now get stuck on Lync Start logon and will not load paste. What could be causing this? And how can I rectify the issue?

3 REPLIES 3
Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

Re: HP 4110 IP Phone change to PoE Stuck on Load

Is it always the same 4?

Which switchports are they patched to?

What is your switch power budget?

What are the PoE configurations on all the ports?

AllanD1
Occasional Visitor

Yes Just those four, two others of the same model are working perfectly fine.

Network Ports on the phones

Switches are Aruba 2920s with 60 or 70 other HP 4120 Phones which are working fine just not those 4 HP4110

Vince-Whirlwind
Honored Contributor

So what happens if you repatch a working 4110 to the switchport that the non-working 4110 is patched to, and vice-versa.
Does the fault follow the phone or the switchport?

If the fault follows the phone, your next test is this: unpatch the patch lead in the back of the working 4110 and patch it to the back of the non-working 4110, and vice-versa.
Does the fault follow the cabling or the phone?

These two tests will isolate the problem to either: switchport, cabling, or phone.
If it's the switchport, check the config on it.
If it's the cabling, replace it.
If it's the phone, factory reset it, if that fails RMA it (if you have support) or bin it and get a new one.

As far as the PoE budget goes, you didn't say which model 2920 you have, but even if you have a J9729A (48 ports, only 370W for PoE) with a phone in every single port, and you had nothing but super-long poor quality cabling, you would still have 70W to spare.
Admittedly, if you have several high-power Wireless access points (or something similar) in addition to very bad cabling, you might be close to your limit, but this isn't likely or you would have noticed that it doesn't always affect the same 4 phones.