IT Service Management
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Americas Partner Boot Camps Coming in March

chuck_darst ‎02-15-2012 07:47 PM - edited ‎09-20-2015 07:20 AM

For our much beloved channel partners, we encourage you to register for one of the upcoming HP Software Partner Sales Boot Camps that will be occurring during March. For ITSM, Michael Pott or I will be speaking on Service Lifecycle Management and also Self-Service Request Management (including Service Catalog). With respect to ITSM topics, there will also be a Configuration Management System (CMS) session.

And speaking of Service Lifecycle Management, if you are a Forrester client, I highly recommend reading a very recent paper by Forrester's Glenn O'Donnell titled "Refine Priorities Now For IT Service Management and Automation". It was just released last week (Feb 6). I rarely have time these days to read a 20+ page paper, but this one does a very nice job of tying together a number of ITSM themes for Infrastructure and Operations organizations - such as what constitutes a service, service hierarchies, process standardization, automation, metrics, and continual service improvement. This paper has stimulated a lot of conversation amongst our team, and I've been recommending it far and wide. And if you read this paper, you can skip the partner boot camp session.

About the Author

HPE IT Service Management Product Marketing team manager spanning our solutions for the service desk, asset mngt, CMS, and more. My background is engineering and computer science in the networking and telecom worlds. As they used to say in Telcom, "the network is the business" (hence huge focus on service management). I always enjoyed working with customers and on the business side of things, so here I am in ITSM marketing.

Leave a Comment

We encourage you to share your comments on this post. Comments are moderated and will be reviewed
and posted as promptly as possible during regular business hours

To ensure your comment is published, be sure to follow the Community Guidelines.

Be sure to enter a unique name. You can't reuse a name that's already in use.
Be sure to enter a unique email address. You can't reuse an email address that's already in use.
Type the characters you see in the picture above.Type the words you hear.
1-3 December 2015
Discover 2015 London
Discover 2015 in London, the ultimate showcase technology event for business and IT professionals to learn, connect, and grow.
Read more
November 2015
Software Online Expert Days
Join us online to talk directly with our Software experts.
Read more