ProLiant Deployment and Provisioning
1748165 Members
3828 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: RDP support for G7 Blades

Yes we use flex-10 nics without specific settings on the bandwitdh (< 10 Gbps).
shocko
Honored Contributor

COuld be hard to tell then. I would select a PXE nic and set the bandwidth
If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)

We use the following parameters for the tftp :
packet size : 1456
Without IP fragmentation

Maybe there is a link with the model of Nics and its drivers ?

G7 => NC553i
G6 => NC532i
Kerry Quillen
Regular Advisor

I resolved the issue by installing Insight Software 6.2 Update 1. My deployment jobs work fine now across Flex Fabric VC's with both 1gb and 10gb nics.

In my side, the problem is during the TFTP phase before the winpe is completed downloaded.
So I suspect more a problem with the PXE firmware of the nics or something like that...
shocko
Honored Contributor

SInce you are using C-Class blades, use port mirroring on the virtual connect and attched a laptop with wireshark or the like. It should tell you if there are underlying networking problems.

Firmware could be an issue alright but port speed could be.

Are you sure the correct Nic is being used to PXE boot and helpers etc are configured on the VLANS??

Yes I'm sure :)
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I'm also having issues with BL460c G7's but not at the DOS PXE stage. Mine seems to relate to a missing driver when it's running through the WinPE boot.

It gets stuck on the DHCP retry stage and I've downloaded and imported the NC553i Dual Port Flexfabric 10gb driver but it still hasn't helped.

Before I take things to the extreme and flatten the server and reinstall with ICE 6.3 is there anything I can try?

Thanks
Jase
shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi,
"It gets stuck on the DHCP retry stage and I've downloaded and imported the NC553i Dual Port Flexfabric 10gb driver but it still hasn't helped. "

Can you tell us how you did that? Using peimg.exe on the offline image or using the PXE configuration tool?

Is you job using the default RDP enviroment? i.e. option 130?

Hi Jase,

What's your detailed PXE code error at the end of retry stage (Timeout ? file not found ) ?
=> Here the potential cause according to me :
- Firewall blocking port
- Missing DHCP relay if you have several subnet.....
- Missing scope options like 66, 67

The drivers issue in winpe arrives after the DHCP/PXE stage, when you have got the PXE menu and.... downloaded the winpe files ...("windows is loading..." over.

BR