Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Re: RDP support for G7 Blades

Hi,

The way I updated the driver was the following :-

- Run PXE config from within RDP
- Highlight WinPE and click edit
- Now click on Edit Boot Image (says 131 for menu option
- Now click "< - Click Next (step 2 of 12 appears for device drivers)
- From here if you've downloaded the driver just click Have Disk and then it should import the new missing driver

The above hasn't worked for the G7 Blade but a test on a DL360 G5 the above worked.

Regarding my PXE error's here's my results :-

1) Firewall not an issue as same vlan and works with other boxes
2) Not applicable
3) Not using option 66 so will try that, what would option 67 be?

Thanks
Jase
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Forgot to say after retry 19 I get :-

Could not acquire IP address
Could not authenticate network connection
Mapping drives
System error 53 has ocurred.

I added the extra option to the DHCP scope with no change, still the same open timeout as the first post.
L.J.M. Hameeteman

Same problem as Jase4772. Jase, did you find a solution for your problem allready?

regards, Ferdinand
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Hi,

My WinPE now works with the BL460c G7 Blades. I'd imported drivers loads of times but nothing seemed to get it to pick it up. I then just happened to notice it was running the x86 WinPE environment. I then removed the x86 option from the boot menu (which did kinda break it) but then after readding it I don't know if its running the x64 version first or its now correctly spotting the server IS 64-bit but it works.

Hope this helps anyone still having issues. Might just be that once the x64 drivers have been imported a full rebuild of PXE is required.

My next issue is Linux! More network driver issues on G7's

TConn
Regular Advisor

From what I have been told by support, you should upgrade to SP5 for RDP foer full support.

The newer version is on the HPIS 6.3 download.

Here is some info on it.

http://h18000.www1.hp.com/products/servers/management/rdp/knowledgebase/20000066.html

Terry

Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it.
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

I've just upgraded our deployment server to ICE 6.3 (RDP 6.9 (build 490) service pack 5) and I'm still having the same issue with trying to deploy RH6 x64. Everything works fine until I get into the Red Hat OS deployment and the installer stops trying to FTP the kickstart file from the server (see attached screenshot)

Can anyone shed any light on this, I'm guessing it's a network card driver issue but with the server PXE booting fine and pushing out the GRUB loader I've no idea where to add a driver file to.

Thanks

Jase

shocko
Honored Contributor

Hi,

The linux installations tryand pull the kickstart file from an FTP site on the deployment server. The FTP site should besetup to allow anonymous access. Take that URL and make 100% sure you can get at it from a normal client machine. If you can't then the problem is with the FTP setup. If you can then turn on some logging. You cna always get to the console during the linux installation by htting F1 i think and run an ifconfig to see if the nic drivers are loaded.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

Hi,

I've connected to the FTP server from a remote PC and confirmed I can login and browse the directories with anonymous credentials.

Sadly F1 doesn't work to get to a console prompt. However when I can the FTP window it then drops into a manual install mode and asks for a language and then keyboard before saying Unable to find any devices of the type needed for this installation type. I can then do Select Driver and this takes me to the network card driver list.

At this point I'm at a loss as to what could be causing the issue, especially if v6.3 is mean't to support BL460c G7's

Thanks

Jase

shocko
Honored Contributor

That is odd. Can you send a screen shot of the LinuXPE build where you select the drivers showing the G7 linux nic drivers selected for install?

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
Jase4772
Regular Advisor

I've attached what I think you mean, but aren't these the drivers just used for the initial PXE and not when the Red Hat build begins? The PXE is loading and getting an IP address quite happily for the initial parts of the job to do with Distribute Disk Image, Configure Boot Environment and Configure Answer File.

Thanks for your quick reponses to this issue.