1753454 Members
6260 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

running conrep under win2008 to get config

gldiii
Frequent Advisor

running conrep under win2008 to get config

I am getting the following errors when trying to run conrep on a windows 2008 x64/DL380 G5:

C:\>conrep -s -fdl380_g5.dat -xconrep.xml
This entry (Diskette_Boot) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be suppo
rted.
This entry (NumLock) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be supported.
This entry (POST_Speed_Up) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be suppo
rted.
This entry (Integrated_Diskette_Controller) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be l
oaded to be supported.
This entry (PCI_Bus_Reset) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be suppo
rted.
This entry (Hot_Plug_Reservation) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to b
e supported.
This entry (Memory_Protection) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be s
upported.
This entry (Node_Interleaving) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be s
upported.
This entry (Automatic_Poweron) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be s
upported.
This entry (USB_Capability) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be supp
orted.
This entry (AMD_RevF_Node_Interleaving) needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loade
d to be supported.

Any idea what I need to do to pull a config from within the os? Thanks!
7 REPLIES 7
Gordon Leonard
Honored Contributor

Re: running conrep under win2008 to get config

Kind of sounds like your trying to run this on a full OS not a PXE image. RDP's PXE image has the tools and drivers already installed. If you creating your own PXE image it kind of sounds like page 10 item number four in the Toolkit manual. [Toolkit 2.0 Win .x64]
M. Hofstetter
Frequent Advisor

Read the "readme.txt", maybe this could be solve the problem:

\system\hpsstkio - HP Toolkit I/O driver (no INF, file must be copied to \windows\system32\drivers directory)
Chuck Newman
Occasional Advisor

I am working with a customer who can run conrep on most of his Windows servers but cannot on several of them. He runs it as follows:

>conrep -s -f out.xml -x conrep.xml

It appears to run okay but then silently exits and does not produce an output file; here's the tail end of the run:
--------------------------------------------
Platform check:
: [ProLiant DL3 ] match
: [ProLiant ML3 ] no match
: [ProLiant DL5 ] no match
: [ProLiant ML5 ] no match
: [ProLiant DL7 ] no match
: [ProLiant DL9 ] no match
: [ProLiant BL ] no match
: [ProLiant XW ] no match
: [ProLiant WS ] no match
: [ProLiant SE ] no match
: [ProLiant SL3 ] no match

Saving configuration data to out.xml.

C:\SWSetup\SP48658\Tools\System>
--------------------------------------------
conrep should write out the output file and finish with an exit code, but it doesn't do either on some systems.

We are focusing on two servers in order to keep this simple. On one conrep works as expected whereas on the other it does not.

Both servers are DL360 G5 servers running Windows Server 2008 R2 and have current versions of firmware (9.20), PSP (ProLiant Support Pack 8.60), and the SmartStart Scripting ToolKit (8.60(c)).

Drivers are the same, as reported by "driverquery -FO CSV."
Processor speeds and memory DIMMs are different, but that shouldn't be a problem.

On both servers, the user has write access to the output file location.
ehodges
Advisor

I am having this issue as well - I'm running on a full OS, and it tells me "needs the Toolkit I/O driver to be loaded to be supported" for several items. I tried placing hpsstkio.sys in the Windows\System32\Drivers folder to no avail.

I'd like to run conrep successfully on a live Windows Server 2008 R2 OS, not via PXE. Any ideas?

shocko
Honored Contributor

I'm not sure this would be possible. 2008 R2 is closer to WinPE 3 and 2008 is closer to WinPE 2. the driver used to access the BIOS/Baseboard must be compatible with the OS being used which in this case is PE and not full blown windows :(

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
JimFA
Occasional Visitor

I know this is an old post, but in the hope some other lost soul might run into this problem on Windows 2008 R2/64bit servers after saving the sys driver file to c:\Windows\System32\Drivers.

To fix it, I had to run the CMD prompt as administrator (Right click, Run As Administrator). This fixed the problem!

shocko
Honored Contributor

Confirmed. I use this method with 2008 R2 to set thing like the BIOS asset tag while booted into full blown Windows. Very handy.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)