1752271 Members
4809 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

New Try: Missing Device Association with some RILOE2 Boards

Schueler
Advisor

New Try: Missing Device Association with some RILOE2 Boards

I still have the problem with the missing device association with some RILOE2 Boards and some DL Servers (320,360,...)
Situation: In CIM the RILOE Device dont shows as "RILOEBoardName in Server Servername" and therefore the green mp colum of the server device with the riloe inside.
All posts here in the forum did not resolve the problem.
The problem is as well described in the HP Bug List of the RILOE2 Boards in Document ES021105_CW02 "Insight Manager May Report Incorrect Information About Remote Insight Lights-Out Edition II (RILOE II)". But with the Supp-Paq 5.5 Agent Version and older. But we use Supp-Paq Version 6.20. On the Device Management Homepage on the left side the Management Processor is listed as "unknown" but there is a link to the Management Processor with incorrectly informations viewed (like a modem device)

Does anybody (HP Technicals maybe :)) know a solution to this problem!

Thx
10 REPLIES 10
Gotink
Frequent Advisor

Re: New Try: Missing Device Association with some RILOE2 Boards

I don't know the formerly given answers, but:
Have you filled in the servername in the last field of the network setting of RILOE?
Is HTTP still enabled in the RILOE device on the IM server? (otherwise edit it and enable it again)
Schueler
Advisor

Thanks for your reply!

I dont think it makes sense to fill in the Servername in the last field of the network setting of RILOE. Because this is only the Link to the DeviceManagementHomepage but not useable because with the old port-number (2301).
The RILOE Devices which functions without problems dont have this entry too!

The communication protocols in CIM is a good point. But the "good" RILOES just communicate over snmp, not http. They have the snmp protocol enabled.
The "bad" RILOES have no protocol enabled. But if I edit the device and enable the snmp (or http) protocol and let run a device identification task, all protocols for the "bad" RILOES are disabled again!

I think its some agent problem communicating with the RILOES. But I installed the Agents in different Versions several times with no effect!

Any more ideas?

Thx!
Robert Styles
Advisor

I'm having a similar problem with 5 out of 30 servers. I've compared all the settings and still no go. I was wondering which discovery process polled that information to match things up. I made changes yesterday and let all the inverntory and status process do their thing but still no green light. When you go to the device home page it does show up as a link there.
Gotink
Frequent Advisor

Filling in the devicemanagementhomepage worked for me, so please try it (and enable SNMP and HTTP again)
Maybe a day (or reboot) later but then it works.
Schueler
Advisor

Sorry, but it still doesnt works! Same issues as described. Anyone any other idea?
Whats about the HPs staff in this forum :) ?

Thx
Colin Weaver
Frequent Advisor

You may have tried this, but in the Management Agents utility located in Control Panel you can activate or de-activate the Remote Insight Information option. When I had this problem on one of my servers it was because this option had been de-activated. (I did have to perform a discovery and re-run all the polling and Id tasks after correcting this)
Schueler
Advisor

Hi!

Yes, I tried this several times! But no success!
I think its something with the agents, because all of this cards/servers has the issue in the devicemanagement homepage as described in the Document ES021105_CW02!
Any other ideas?

I think I will open a Call by HP on monday.

Darrin Rawls
Respected Contributor

A couple of posts earlier, you stated that when you edit the device (assuming in Manual Discovery in IM7), that neither SNMP nor HTTP is enabled. This is indicative of the problem. To identify the boards correctly, we need the SNMP data to determine the device. Sounds like the community string is set incorrectly in IM7 to talk to the RILOEII boards.

Since you are not getting any HTTP flag either, would there happen to be a firewall or something between the IM7 server and the RILOEs to filter out the HTTP requests?

ALSO, did you change the port that RILOE resides on (other than 80/443)? If so, IM7 doesn't know about the port without you manually adding it in a PROPS file on the disk.

Does any of this help?
Schueler
Advisor

Hi Darrin!

We dont think its one of your solutions/problems described.
We opened a call by Compaq Server Support.
Its a problem we have at different sites only with the DL320 boxes. Not how I described earlier with DL360,...! Only with the DL320. I think the most useful indicator is the buggy Info at the Agents Website. This Informations has nothing to do with the communication settings in IM. The SNMP community strings cant set in the RILOE-Board. Because they are equal on all Servers an in CIM it cant be these settings.
Any other idea? Whats about a bug with the DL320 boxes? If I got a solution from Server Support I will post it here!

Thanks!