4337 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: SNMP Trap 22030: Rack Power Subsystem Not Load Balanced

MC1903
Regular Advisor

Do you have two power enclosures?

If so, have you installed the 'Load-Balancing Signal Cable' between them?

There is a note on page 4-23 of the BL p-Class System Setup & Installation Guide (Jan 2003) that says, "If the load-balancing signal cable is not installed, the management software issues alerts"

Hope this helps.

Martin

John Pace
Occasional Contributor

I have the same problem, however, I do NOT have a second power supply!! therefore, the Load Balancing Signal Cable does not apply!

My problem appeared after adding a second Chassis and the Mini Bus Bar. Prior to this I had a single chassis with 8 BL20's and a PD box - all was OK.

I now have 1 x Single Phase Power Supply with 4 'bricks' in slots 1,2,4 & 5. I have 2 chassis connected to a Mini Bus Bar. The chassis are populated with 10 BL20p servers. All servers are running iLO firmware version 1.41. and all are reporting the error regarding 'subsystem not load balanced'.

Please could someone advised.
Grant Kissel

Same issue. Mini Bus Bar 30A- 3phase Single Power Enclosure. 6 bricks installed. 7 blades.
iLO v.1.64
Rack FW v.2.10
Rack HW rev. 5
Power Enclosure G1
Lawrance Lee_1
HPE Pro

Looks like this problem has been resolved with version 2.40 of the power management module firmware. See this URL:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?swItem=MTX-9e0e8e80b2d545eeaa26c38678〈=en&cc=us&idx=1&mode=4&

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo