1748256 Members
3855 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event

Mahesh Shah_3
Frequent Advisor

Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event

I have modified the CPQIDA-MIB setting from Critical to minor for Accelerator Broad status change (3038), why still receiving the following Event Severity as Critical status.
Event Details: Accelerator Board Status Change (3038)

Event Identification and Details

Event Severity Critical
Cleared Status Not cleared
Event Source ad2hfdrtl001
Associated System ad2hfdrtl001
Associated System Status Major
Event Time Thu, 1/18/2007, 11:50:34 AM EST
Description Accelerator Board Status Change. This trap signifies that the agent has detected a change in the status of an array accelerator cache board. The current status is represented by the variable cpqDaAccelStatus. User Action: If the accelerator board status is permDisabled(5), you may need to replace the accelerator board.

Thanks,
Mahesh
2 REPLIES 2
Greg Stiegler

Re: Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event

Not sure about changing the alert level, but does this occur on a reboot but otherwise show an optimal status? I have noticed this on a couple of servers and wondering if it is a faulty battery not holding a charge. My understanding is that this should only occur if the battery on the board is completely discharged, such as the server being powered off for several hours or more.

=Greg
OlivierV
Trusted Contributor

Re: Accelerator Board Status Change (3038) - Event

Modifying the mib is not enough. Did you recompile it after the change, or modify the severity in SIM (options/Events/Snmp Trap Settings) ?