108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't install Insight Software 6.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2

bundalov
Advisor

Can't install Insight Software 6.3 on Windows Server 2008 R2

Hello.

I am trying to install Insight Software 6.3 but for some reason can't do it :(
I run Insight Software Advisor and all prerequisites are passed except one - machine on which I want to install Insight Software is VM.
I don't know if this is a major problem because the next part is interesting:
After I run Integrated Installer I come to prerequisites page and I have all the prerequisites installed. But after I hit next button I get 'the program cannot display the webpage' page (looks just like the page in Internet Explorer when you don't have the Internet)
No matter what I do, I get this page. I have checked FTP site, Default Web Site etc. (they are installed good according to first prerequisites wizard and I can see that web site is up and running)

Don't know what to do. This is VM where was installed 6.0 version of Insight Control with no problem. But now, when I want to upgrade to 6.3 it doesn't allow me to do that.

If anyone can help that would be great.
Also, I will provide any information that is further needed.

Vladimir
4 REPLIES 4
bundalov
Advisor

Internet Explorer 9 was the problem. After I uninstalled IE9 it worked.

Vladimir
tiber

Vlad,

I too am running Win2k8 R2 here and I'm having that same issue. How did you go about removing IE9?
tiber

OK the fix to this is to go to IE8 but NOT with the social.microsoft.com fix people have been passing around.

Hop into Windows Update, click on INSTALLED UPDATES, find "Internet Explorer Version 9", click UNINSTALL.

It's incredibly counter-intuitive. If you disable it through add/remove programs or the command line it uninstalls IE part and parcel. If you uninstall the update then IE8 will do The Right Thing.
ehansen76
Occasional Contributor

Vlad,

Out of curiosity did you install HP SIM on a VM hosted by ESX or Hyper-V?  I'm looking to setup a new HP SIM and want to the SIM run on a Hyper-V hosted VM.