1753316 Members
5002 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can't log in to HP System Management Homepage

Treybo
Occasional Contributor

Can't log in to HP System Management Homepage

I have tried using the servers administrative password and nothing. What is the deal?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from ProLiant Servers (ML,DL,SL) to ITRC HP Systems Insight Manager Forum - Hp Forum Moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Suman_1978
HPE Pro

https://community.hpe.com/t5/server-management-systems/cannot-logon-to-hp-system-management-homepage-v2-0-1-104/td-p/538814#.X655YcgzaUk

I work for HPE.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]

Accept or Kudo

PeteLong
Occasional Advisor

Here's some more information that might be helpfull,

Cannot Logon to HP System Management Homepage 

Pete
PeteNetLive 

RoscoP

I too had this problem with a site I inherited.  Turns out to be quite simple - when you know!

The domain controller was named "abc-def" but trying to logon as abc-def\administrator failed BUT abcdef\Administrator worked!

Logging on as domain\administrator didn't work either as suggested by others....

Ferrucci
Visitor

Pete, you are a hero :-)

Thanks for the hint about the GUI to reset the access authorisation.

-- 

Philippe Ferrucci

http://www.amigaos.net

min-hua-liang
Super Advisor

I also have this problem but have solved it. For DC, log in with DOMAINNAME\Administrator, if it does not work, for newer version (8.70 e.g.), just download the installation pack and run it on the os, then add "Administrators" in the Administrator group with grant local access.
Then when I open smh again, I can log in smh automatically.

Mirlaskar
Advisor

Hi HP,

I have upgraded HP System Management Homepage to 7.3.1.4 on Windows 2003 Standard SP2 x86 version. 

Its installed successfully but could not login with domain account\local account.

Its promt only: Administrator\local\operator.Attached screen shot for your reference.

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Mir 

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

The page is the diagnostic page not the System Management page. You can uninstall the diagnostic xoftware and see what the homepage does. If thst works install the latest diagnostic software. That should work.

Kind regards,

Andrew