5050 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Cannot log in to HP SIM 7.2 after Windows password change

simli278
Advisor

Cannot log in to HP SIM 7.2 after Windows password change

Hey guys,

this week I had to change my Windows user password due to our password policies. When I want to log in to HP SIM it gives me a Sing-In Failure. It seems that HP SIM doesn't accept the new password. I bet it would work with the old password but unfortunately I forgot that one.

It is my personal HP SIM user account. We have also got an Admin account and a seperated service account but I want to use my personal one. What can I do to be able to log in again?

Is there any way to reset the password etc.?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

simli278

3 REPLIES 3
ewald
Advisor

Hello,

if you are install you need the admin user and his password.

So it it is not possible to change only the password in the OS

You must change the admin password with the "mxpassword" command.

You find help with the mxpasswd help

Then you must change the password for the HP SIM services with a user account.

Ewald

simli278
Advisor

Thanks for your answer!

It is all fine with the admin account. My problem is my personal user account which I created in HP SIM with "Windows authentication" as authentication method.

But after I changed the Windows password for my user I cannot login into HP SIM anymore. I think HP SIM didn't synchronise with the Active Directory or something like that and still uses my old Windows password. But unfortunately I don't remember the old password, so I cannot login anymore....

simli278

Andrew_Haak
Honored Contributor

If you still have an admin account delete the Active directory user from SIM and recreate it, does that work?

I have setup to use groups from Active Directory, if the user tries to logon to SIM an account is created in SIM at that point.

Kind regards,

Andrew
Kind regards,

Andrew