Re: Enhanced Reports Sim 7.1

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

No news yet from my side...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
jkarlsmyr_epi
Advisor

I also have this problem AGAIN! Got some replies from HP that this was because of an upgraded SIM. Made a clean install and still the problem!

Please HP fix this soon, this is a real problem and has always been!

Best Regards,

Johannes

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

I have been instructed to install 7.1.2 (we're on 7.1.1) but I don't feel this will fix the issue.

I believe our issue stems from when we had our original install of SIM using the local SQL Express DB.  We've since moved to a clustered SQL instance as SIM is now in production, but this enhanced reporting issue remains.  Not all of the reports do this, only some, which is really puzzling.

I am downloading the gigantic 6 GB DVD now for update 2.. so i'll see how it goes.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

I can tell you that it is not solved in 7.1.2... I did install it already some time ago...

Normally I will have tomorrow a VR session with HP support with a new update on this case. Some new changes to be implemented. I hope it will be solved now...

I keep you posted...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GuidestoneIT
Occasional Advisor

We were getting this as well.

If your SIM installation is "an upgrade on top of an upgrade on top of a..." - your only option may be to do a fresh install.

I went through and made appropriate changes to all the associated config scripts that are referenced somehwere in here and nothing helped.

I spent a lot of time on the line with Support about it and they couldn't "guess" why either.

A fresh install is the only thing that worked for us.  We're on 7.1.1, btw

-M

LGentile
Trusted Contributor

There is just no way, after the 2 years we've spent on and off to get where we are now, that we are re-installing. Yes i know all the data is in the DB, but still.. we are reluctant to do anything of the sort. Getting data out of SIM is a challenge regardless. The enhanced reports aren't very exciting (the ones that work for us) and you are still locked into specific table joins (it appears anyhow) so you can't really marry up data in any fashion you want...
Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

They also told me that it was because of an upgrade or move of the database... Too bad because it was not the case... I have a fresh install of 7.1 andh ad the problem directly... I am waiting for an update soon of HP...

I'll keep you posted...

Kr,

Bart

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,

Just had HP Support on the phone... With some files to be updated...

Guess what. The issue is solved... All my reports are working now...

2 files need to be changed: HPSIMReporting.jsp and CrystalReport1-viewer.jsp

I suggest that you contact HP Support and ask after these 2 files...

Thanks a lot to L2 and L3 from HP Support for this case that was open for more than 6 months...

Kr,

Bart

SenneVL
Frequent Advisor

Any chance you could share the working script files?

I seem to have the same issue in a fresh 7.2 install.

i would like to compare the scritps against each other :)

Bret S
Occasional Contributor

I just upgraded from 7.1 to 7.2, and I see this also now. Actually a bit different. When using IE, I click Run Report and nothing happens at all (pop-ups are not blocked). When using Chrome, I get the pop-up window and the db login page. I opened a case.