4301 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM 5.0 and Compaq Management Agents

Dennis Kavanagh
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 5.0 and Compaq Management Agents

Hello,

We are running multiple versions of Compaq Management Agents. Is there a minimum level
required for us to move to SIM 5.0?

Does anybody know the latest Version of Management Agents for the Tru64Unix boxes?

Thank YOu
6 REPLIES 6
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

Re: HP SIM 5.0 and Compaq Management Agents

If you're running agents prior to 7.1 (7.4 is current) then you're not receiving any disk alerts in HP SIM.
Eric_237
Frequent Advisor

When you say "disk alerts" -- do you mean a failed disk, or just disk space (threshold) issues?
Eric_237
Frequent Advisor

To add to this -- we just installed HPSIM 5.0 (clean install).

We have over 300 Windows Servers managed by HPSIM.

Many are at below 7.1 Proliant Support Pack Level.

No where in the documentation did I see that disk alerts would NOT work with HPSIM 5.0 and support packs below 7.1.

Where can I see this documentation?
David Claypool
Honored Contributor

If you were subscribed to driver and support notification alerts you would have gotten notified of the "Insight Management MIB update kit for HP Systems Insight Manager for Windows."

http://www.hp.com/servers/swdrivers
Dennis Kavanagh
Occasional Advisor

Hello David,

Are you saying that the site you mentioned

has the docs saying that disk alerts will

NOT work with anything below 7.x?

or?

Thanks
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

As far as I know basic disk alerting will continue to work. The newer storage agents with 7.1 and later allowed for more accurate alerting, threshold monitoring and included more drive types and attached storage options.

The older agents aren't necessarily compatible with all of the hotfixes and OS updates available from Microsoft - if accurate notification and monitoring is what you need (who doesn't) I would start working towards baselining your enviroment to PSP 7.3 unless you are an NT enviroment. With all of the driver and firmware updates available you may find overall reliability coming up in your enviroment and better pre-failure notification as well.

Just my 2 cents

- Jim