1753416 Members
6000 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 6.2 "The collection is empty." in All System Tab

Suyash14
Visitor

HP SIM 6.2 "The collection is empty." in All System Tab

Hi, I am using HP System Insight Manager v.6.2, yesterday all was fine with with receiving alerts and viewing all events & systems. Today I am not recieving any alerts from HP SIM and when I try to view all systems I just get a message that the collection list is empty.  They are showing on "All Servers" tab. Please could someone offer some assistance as I have been looking for answers the entire day.

9 REPLIES 9
thwe16

Hello,

i have the same issue, do you now have a solution for this issue?

Thanks.

TheFabSan
Occasional Advisor

same here, upgraded from 6.2 to 6.3 and using sql express. the servers come up in the search box but the not showing up in the main window. has anyone found a resolution?

the_bunch

Hi,

I had the same problem with my Windows 6.2 CMS. All working fine then one day logged in to find the Systems and Events came back as collections empty. After spending several hours trying to figure out what was wrong, discovered that the data disc of our CMS server  had become full. This was to do with the SQL database backups not being purged so we had a lot of SQL backups going back months. Once the old ones were purged and the CMS rebooted, everything was working fine!

Regards

Steve

the_bunch
TheFabSan
Occasional Advisor

space on the partitions looks fine. i remember having an issue with sql previously. logging into the insight page was OK. but when th sql was out of space no systems came up even when searching.

this is different, no systems show up on the collections (main window) but show up in the search field. I even ran a discovery. i have a ticket with HP. will post the results.

BSaunders_UK

Fix: HP SIM 6.2 "The collection is empty." in All System Tab

Hey All

So I've found a solution to this on my server (after spending a long time with HP Support who weren't very much help to be honest.)

When i looked through the mx.log file on the server as I tried to view a collection, I noticed a database error pointing to a missing view in the database called cwStatusView. This view was missing from my database (On a clean install mind-you!) and was causing all of the Collections to appear empty. I spent a while wondering how to recreate the view and eventually found an old backup of a SIM 6.1 database with the view specification in it. I re-created the view in my new database and it sprang to life, my collections are re-populated.

The SELECT statement which makes up the cwStatusView is:

SELECT

DeviceKey, StatusValue AS cwStatus FROM deviceStatusValue JOIN deviceStatusSources on deviceStatusValue.StatusSourceId = deviceStatusSources.StatusSourceId where StatusSourceName =N'hp.isee.entitlement'

I hope this helps someone else. If not then take a look in the mx.log file, it's a bit verbose but it helped me.

Brendan

NL19796
Occasional Visitor

Re: Fix: HP SIM 6.2 "The collection is empty." in All System Tab

I had a similar issue, after upgrading HP SIM 6.2 to 6.3, All HP Service Events showed an empty screen.

Try this:

Click on Customize... under System and Event Collections

In the right pane, select Events from the dropdown box.

Expand the tree to make All HP Service Events visible, select it with the radiobutton in front of it.

Click Edit.

You now see the selection "where event category is equal to" and then a box showing "HP ServiceEv"

Now the value in this last box is the problem.

Change it to "HP Service Events" (omitting the double quotes) and click the Save button.

Confirm that you really want this, and once more click Ok.

Done!

AVP01
Occasional Visitor

Thanks Brendan,,,,The "cwStatusView" was the fix for me.  This worked on an HP SIM enviornment that had been upgraded from 5.2 originally, to 6.3 and then 7.1 running in SQL2008 enviornment.  

Thanks again for a great find !!!

Kudos

Glyn Pollington
Occasional Advisor

I would add that I have just had exactly the same issue.  The scenario was a new virtualised install of SIM 6.2 and mximport from the old SIM 6.2 server.  The all systems collection was empty, but custome collections were there and it was possible to drill down from events to system pages.

We checked the DB and compared to the source server's DB and found the cwstatusview view was missing. Recreated it in SQL management studio and the views all came back.

DeepBlueSomethi
Occasional Visitor

Thanks! I had the same problem after moving HP SIM 7.2 to another system. Great work!