108782 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 6.3 Tools Menu Insight Software Tabs Missing

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dan B.
Advisor

HP SIM 6.3 Tools Menu Insight Software Tabs Missing

Standing up a new Windows box with HP SIM 6.3 and noticed under Tools the Software Updates and Software Advisor tabs are missing.   Tabs are available in my current version of HP SIM 5.x.  Before continuing with the installation and configuration would like to find out if this is a problem or possibly there may be other issues with the installation.  Can't find any documentation in any of the guides.  Thanks, Dan

3 REPLIES 3
Pascal Schirrmann
Occasional Advisor

Hi Dan,

On 'my' HPSIM 6.3,  the 'Software updates...' and 'HP Insight Software Advisory' options are presents, under

Tools --> Insight Software

Is that that you're looking for ?  If the option is missing on your side, it is more than likely that you didn't (now) have installed the correct option. The menu is self extendable, depending on the options presents on your Insight installtion.

On my side, I had at least to add remote support to have a good view of our maintenace contract status, and VMware for Vcenter to see the Virtualisation options. I maybe add other gismos, hence the presence of this option.

Regards,

Pascal

Dan B.
Advisor

Thank you for your response.  Yes, "Tools/Insight Software/" is what I am looking for.  I installed Insight Remote Support Advanced - A.05.60 RS.  The "Insight Software" tab is still missing. Any ideas?

Dan

Dan B.
Advisor
Solution

Insight Software Updates is installed using the ISO image, not the executable download.