3982 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM 7.1 Discovery Result errors

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM 7.1 Discovery Result errors

Hi Guys,

This is a first time installed HP SIM 7.1 on a VMWare ESX 5.0 server running windows 2008 r2. Whenever we tried to run the discovery, we always got this result.

HP_SIM_discovery error.png

Please advise on how we could fix this. Let me know if you need additional information.

Thank You,

Arnel

6 REPLIES 6
BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Select one of the server and use options ->identify.. run now

You will see the details of the discovery which tells you more what is missing for proper discovery.

e.g. worng credentials

You can also use the system page -> tools tab and checking the credentials for the server.

ESXi should have WBEM und sign-in credentials

Your ESXi image should include the HP WBEM Providers.

In this case you should be able to see the detail status

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Select one of the server and use options ->identify.. run now

You will see the details of the discovery which tells you more what is missing for proper discovery.

e.g. worng credentials

You can also use the system page -> tools tab and checking the credentials for the server.

ESXi should have WBEM und sign-in credentials

Your ESXi image should include the HP WBEM Providers.

In this case you should be able to see the detail status

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Thanks BPE. Here are the details ive got from your heads up.

Target Details.PNG

I've attached the entire information of the Target Details including the system status and system credential's screenshots. Please let me know what needs to be done to address this issue.

Thank You,

Arnel

BPE
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Arnel

The output looks like you have not defined the correct credential for the managed device.

You can try the follow steps.

1. Select an IP form your already discovered device list. From your SIM server you should be able

to use

cmd

c:\temp> ssh root@11.38.200.11

If this is one of your ESX Server you should get a password prompt. (The first Time you get the message for the ssl key.)

2. Take care if you only want to monitor the physical hardware in your SIM you should first change the discovery option.

options->discovery global discovery settings (or similar name / SIM will automatically discover the VM's of your ESX host trough the port 5989 WBEM)

3. If you are able to login select the this IP in your SIM an add for this host a new credential with root and the password you just tried. If not the ssh is not enabled on your ESX host. Check with your ESX people.

4. run an identify again on this host and check the credential page again now you should see the credential you enter for this node instead  of the NONE

5.Did you setup the SIM Server network correct? It seems that many of your system have no reverse lookup of the IP address try nslookup 11.38.200.11on your SIM do you get an answer from your DNS Server?

As soon as 1-4 works and you have fixed number 5 you can build discovery groups for system with the same credentials

like all windows system , all esxi hosts, all linux ...

Regards BPE

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Hi BPE,

Thanks again for your response. Sorry, but im not really familliar with SIM and this is actually my first time to install and configure one. In fact, I have just done the first time wizard. However I doubt that the sign in credential and SNMP credential I supplied in there are correct. So perhaps that is reason behind this problem. Can you help me work on it again just to be sure the issue is not on that side? 

Thank You very much!

Arnel

Noctis0791
Occasional Advisor

Hello BPE,

Good morning!

Can you give me a recommendation on what should I put on my Sign In and SNMP credentials? Because I dont really know what should I use.

Thank You,

Arnel