108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP SIM Events E-mail Setup Question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Dave K_6
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM Events E-mail Setup Question

In the old IM 7 SP2.3, whenever a server would send an SNMP trap message that the Server was down, or a HD failure or whatever the problem was with the server; it would send an up message, or a status changed to normal e-mail to our group. It does not do this anymore, by default. Does anyone know where to set this up to send us e-mails that the device is back to normal? I am getting e-mails that there was a problem, just not ones stating that the device or server is back to normal, or an up status.

I do see it in SIM stating that the service has returned to normal, but we would like to receive an e-mail telling us all is well, like it did in IM 7.

Thanks,
Dave
3 REPLIES 3
Pat Wilson
Valued Contributor
Solution

Re: HP SIM Events E-mail Setup Question

Set up an Automatic Event Handler that sends you an email for event category name is 'Systems Insight Manager', and type name is 'any'. This wil send you a message any time a system changes its reachable/unreachable status. This will also notify you of any 'Discovered Systems', but you only get those once.
Pat Wilson
Valued Contributor

For the disk status, set up another message where the event category is 'Proliant Storage Event', and the type name is 'any'. This will notify you of status changes in both directions (OK or Failed).

I tried to the specify the 'Physical Drive Status Change' or the 'Logical Drive Status Change', but the AEH stopped working. I get a few extra notices about the tape drives, but I just set up a rule in my Email client to take care of those.
Dave K_6
Occasional Advisor

Pat,

Thank you very much. That worked like a charm! I didn't even think of using the pull down menu to find the Event Info. I have this 500 page book printed out, but can't find where this info was located.

I got the page of an up status.

Thanks again,
Dave