1753500 Members
3294 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP SIM email Notification setup for Hardware Events

Asneel
Occasional Contributor

HP SIM email Notification setup for Hardware Events

Hi , How do I assoicate events that are being generated by the SIM (5.1 Sp1) with email alerts ,on SIm's home page I can see alerts but i dont know how to get these alerts sent to me via email . I do get an email when I discover new devices so firewall rules for smtp are there .

Thank you .
3 REPLIES 3
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Not quite sure where you're seeing events.
All event handling is set up via Options-> Events->Automatic Event Handling->New Task

From here you select the type of events you want to have an action happen for. You might want to start with a generic one that does all Critical and major Events.

From a remote Windows server, from Control Panel run up the HP Management Agents GUI. Use the SNMP Trap Send button to send an SNMP Trap. This should generate a Major Event. This checks you've got the SNMP Trap Destination correctly set.
MASCH
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

is any possibility to send automatic email alert with time delay? I don├Е┬е need email alert if is server restarting. I need email alert if is server inaccesible for long time, e.g. 10 minutes.

Thank you

Martin
Rob Buxton
Honored Contributor

Martin,
Rather than add to a thread like this you might want to start a new one. That way you can give points, mark it answered etc.

To answer, HP SIM doesn't really have that kind of functionality. The polling only runs every 10 minutes. Servers do send an Informational Cold Start SNMP Trap. You don't want to be e-mailing on that.

To do what you want you may need to script it so that two polling passes are required to generate the alert. You'd call a custom command rather than fire off a direct e-mail.

You could change some of the polling settings to give a longer period of testing.