1751974 Members
5126 Online
108784 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: HP SIM version 6.0 upgrade to version 6.3

sc2
Occasional Advisor

HP SIM version 6.0 upgrade to version 6.3

I've seen in the Questions & Answers section an answer about HP SIM 6.1 --> 6.3 upgrade. 

Q2. Is there a migration path from 6.1 to 6.3?

A2. Yes. Customers can use the Data Migration Tool to migrate from HP SIM 6.1 to HP SIM 6.3.

I also found this thread about 5.x to 6.3

My question is; can I migrate from SIM 6.0 to SIM 6.3?  I downloaded the installation and configuration documents and unfortunately it appears they're old (6.0) and don't talk about 6.0 --> 6.3.  Has anyone done this specific migration?  We did an HP SIM upgrade from 5.x to 6.0 about 6 months ago and it failed miserably.  A little gunshy and lacking information from HP on migration paths...

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
sc2
Occasional Advisor

Additional information.  We want to retain the data in our current 6.0 SIM.  Just want to upgrade the SIM version to 6.3 so we are in good shape for issues addressed in HP Advisory here.

TheFabSan
Occasional Advisor

sc2, did you ever upgrade? i' m looking to do the same, upgrade from 6.1 to 6.3. we got tons of add-ons on the hpsim server.

i did an upgrade with a previous version and it failed misreably. i too am a little gunshy about the upgrade. i couldnt agree with you more, lack of documentation. i wanted to get an idea of what each service did when installing psp on esx. i was not able to find anything.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

FYI I did several upgrades from 6.2 to 6.3, never had real issues or lost data... All internal config was well kept... Once I had an error during the install, but a reboot solved the problem...

Which kind of (tons of) add-ons do you have? Always interesting to hear how to extend SIM...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
DCYadav
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

Can any one please help in upgrading HPSIM 6.3 to 7.0. I

DCYadav
Occasional Visitor

Re: HP SIM version 6.3 upgrade to version 7.0

Can any one please help in upgrading HPSIM 6.3 to 7.0

Micke_Ch_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi!

I have done several upgrades from 6.0 to 6.1.

And

6.0 to 6.2

and

6.0 to 6.3

and

6.0 to 7.0

I have have also done upgrades from 6.3 to 7.0.

Only minor problem that could be fixed with command line.

Most commonly problem is within Product Configuration and these problem is easy to fix.

The commands in visible in the logfile. If you have a slow SIM server you can have these problems.

Best Regards

/Micke Ch

o7

Hi Micke,

I tried upgrading hpsim from 6.3 to 7.0 but failed to updrade. HP HOme page was upgraded successfully but stated giving some error for HP Insight Manager.

It seems error is with DB server but not sure what is causing this error.

If you have any reference link which can help me to upgrade this successfully.

Dular yadav