Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748268 Members
3703 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Systems Insight Manager installer says this program cannot display the webpage

Remediator
Occasional Contributor

Re: HP Systems Insight Manager installer says this program cannot display the webpage

Same problem here. Fortunately I can uninstall IE9 due it was installed as an update to fresh installation of Win2008 R2.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Sorry to say but I have SIM 6.3 succesfully running with IE9 on Windows 2008 R2...

I assume the security settings of your browser are too high?

Also it is better that you disable IE ESC for admins...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !

I've got the same problem. Looks like SIM 6.3 does not work with 2008 R2 out of the box. I'm in the "cannot uninstall IE9" camp. IE ESC is off for admins, and security zones are set to the defaults. Where is HP on this?

I'm on the phone with HP support now, and they flat out say that IE9 is not supported. I checked the users guide and it does call out IE8 and IE7 as being supported, but not IE9.
jim goodman
Trusted Contributor

There is no uninstall for IE9 it is a Windows update that needs to be remove - see the advisory for more details

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=c02945254

hadi_sukirman
Occasional Advisor

Are there any news on this case?

I'm glad that they published the advisory to make this official. I'd be even happer if they would just support IE. :) 

bjones7
Visitor

Can HP please FIX this!!! It's been 9 months since IE 9 has been out. I just download HP SIM TODAY and this is still broken. Just pathetic.

Bart_Heungens
Honored Contributor

Hi,

This will be solved in the next version of SIM which is announced somewhere early 2012...

Kr,

Bart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was useful, clik on my KUDOS! "White Star" !
Change_happens
Honored Contributor

bjones7 and others, i cearly understand the frustation, but remember 6.3 was out before IE9 so it doesnt support that yet.

its nice to see that HP commits that and has advisory .