New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Uninterruptible Power System R3000 XR

SOLVED
Go to solution
Joe_328
Occasional Advisor

HP Uninterruptible Power System R3000 XR

Hi All,

does anyone have any idea if the above can be monitored by HP SIM. I don't seem to be able to find anything in the documentation referencing HP SIM.

I know when configuring Auto discovery you can tick UPS.

Any ideas or leads pls?

thanks

Joe
2 REPLIES 2
Luis Valencia
Valued Contributor
Solution

Rack and Power Managemnt Software must be installed in order to configure the UPS SNMP, Trap Target, etc.

There must be a CD in your UPS documentation, if not it can be downloaded from HP Site

Luis
Steve Tran
Trusted Contributor

Joe,

If your need is just single UPS power management and monitoring, I would recommend you to use HP Power Manager. You may download the free software from http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/power-protection/software/power-manager/index.html . After install and configure the software with your R3000XR UPS, you need to go to Event Settings page and under Event Notification, click on SNMP to set the IP address/hostname of your HP SIM machine. Click Save. HPPM will generate a trap for all UPS alarms and sent them to your HPSIM system. Please note that HPSIM 4.1 can also discover your HPPM machine under its "Link" tab if you configured HPPM to use standard ports 80 for non-SSL or 443 for SSL. To use any other ports, you must edit "additionalWsDisc.props" file from HPSIM program folder to include the port number. There is a bug in HPPM 3.x. When you configure HPPM to use SSL webport, HPSIM will not show the HPPM link. This is being corrected on the next version of HPPM software.

Thanks,
Steve