Server Management - Systems Insight Manager
1748156 Members
4139 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: How configure product warranty in HP SIM 7.1?

GoldFran
Advisor

How configure product warranty in HP SIM 7.1?

hi guys

3 or 4 years ago, I┬┤m use HP SIM 5.x and now, I┬┤m upgrading it and install SIM 7.1 in Proliant ML110G7 with Windows 2003 Server R2.

Well, I install it without problems, and discover any servers and HP netbooks. The problem is that I dont remember how configure producto warranty.

In one server, check it and go to tools & links --> Edit system propietes.

Add this information:

- Customer-Entered serial number

- Customer-Entered product number

- Site Name

- Primary customer contact (to call me for any problem)

Save it and re-discover but dont see any warranty information. What can I do more?

Thx

5 REPLIES 5
Steve Begley
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

To see the Contract and Warranty (CW) status you need Insight Remote Support installed as
HPSIM will need to access the HP Contract database - see link below for IRS download

https://h20392.www2.hp.com/portal/swdepot/displayProductInfo.do?productNumber=RSSWMBASE

Hope this helps - regards,

Steve.B.

Tea break over - back on yer heads!
GoldFran
Advisor

Yes, I start to installing befor you write it!! I know it remember.

I configure HP remote support advanced and them if I don┬┤t check de warranty contrac, I question here

GoldFran
Advisor

Hi

I install and configuration it without problems, I check ok contract warranty to my servers... I configure site name and contact details for advisor me to any problem. I use check colector system and ok

1 question. This contract warranty system It┬┤s compatible with and other HP machines, for example HP netbooks? I have any netbooks Probook and others but dont recognize the warranty HP SIM

shocko
Honored Contributor

Any device is technically compatible as long as your account manager has entered the details at the HP backend.

If my post was helpful please award me Kudos! or Points :)
GoldFran
Advisor

are there install anything in the HP netbook client? install SSH and SNMP, to see warranty, Install WBEN client or any agents?